BASS BARN banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my first 4 attempts to get a trout failed I feared I may have lost my mojo. But today, I finally got my first trout of the season.
I hit my favorite trout SPOT about 5am. After about 40 mins I got things started with a nice thick 22" fluke. Great, but I wanted a trout. I then proceeded to hook and lose a small trout and another that was mabye 25" :( . Not giving up, I continued fishing. Finally, I get hooked up and land a fat 20" trout and my mojo was back. With the pressure off now, I keep working the same spot over and wham! A hit like a freight train, drag starts screaming and I'm hooked up to something good. After a short but intense fight, my brother in-law nets a nice 29" trout for me. :D . Not long after that, the jetty got pretty crowded. With too many bobbers in the water to fish a jig, we left. I stopped for some breakfast and drove home with a smile on my face.
All fish were caught on a pink hand tied bucktail tipped with a 4" pink fin-s.

29" 7.5 lbs./ 22" 3lbs

[ 06-01-2004, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: Fish Eagle ]

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I forgot to mention a few things: I fished the outgoing tide, water was gin clear and felt warmer then it has recently. Also I caught an 18-20" striper that looked like it was covered with brown moss. Yuck. Whats up with that? I've seen the red spots, now moss, whats next? I think I'll be releasing more stripers now, and eating alot less.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts