BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked big George (anchorman)into a posting for his 1976 sea ray cud. cab, has a strong running v-8 I/O. outdrive needs some repair.Hull in very good shape. its on a very used tandem trailer. Boat has no title just bill of sale.......free to any barner boat, motor and trailer. engine ran strong, good for a project.
call George 610-716-5795

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Hey agita,
I'll TAKE IT. Can I see pics of the boat. Also more details. Please let me know ASAP. Give me a call right away. My name is Adam, 1(856)404-2416.

Thanks,

Adam

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
nevermind, i must have a title to do anything, good luck with it.

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
Originally posted by fishinfloorman:
how about filing for a lost title or going to m.v to get a new one?
You have no idea how hard it is. They are a pain in the butt. You have to get a state tropper to come out and look at the boat. And you have to somehow prove its not stolen. It can be done, but its not easy :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
If it was registered in PA, it most likely does not even have a title if it is that old. You should just be able to apply for a new title. You might just have to apply for a PA title if NJ does not let you do it with no title. Feel free to email me with questions, I went through the same thing last year. The boat is easy, the trailer...thats another story.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
By the way, is that a 260 Mercruiser and how big is the boat and how "used" is the trailer?? Is it at least road worthy? Where is the package located? I am very interested as well.

[ 01-29-2006, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: reel thing 25 ]

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
thx for the info guys. anybody else looking to get rid of an old boat for nothing. let me knoe

·
Registered
251 Posts
Get title in PA and then transfer it to NJ. Very easy to do in PA. Go to PA DMV website. May even be able to do it online.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Originally posted by seaja3:
Get title in PA and then transfer it to NJ. Very easy to do in PA. Go to PA DMV website. May even be able to do it online.
I dont think you can do it online because you need a Notary. I think it has to be registered when it is titled also (pay the sales tax) PA boat titles are issued through the PA Fish and Boat Commission. If the trailer is "rebuilt" and the reciepts are saved, getting a (homebuilt)title for that will be possible, but still a PIA. A trailer that size (over 3000#) must be inspected prior to and after homebuilt titling and registration.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This was a great boat, lots of deck space to bass with but now we have the Jamie's Seacret".
I ran a title search and the boat comes back to its orig. owner still,tried to contact him and he did not have any interest in getting involved as he sold it to a place that was going to scrap the boat and salvage the engine and outdrive. then they decided the boat was in very nice shape and sold it to George. A salvaged title was never aquired. Big George still has the bill of sale from the boat yard. Anything else you want to know george will tell you if you call him, just be nice he didnt want to get rid of her but the wife want the drive way BAck!!!!!!!!!!CALL HIM 610-716-5795

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
was registered last in PA....did I mention FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
where can I see the boat if the trailer is not to used and I can hook it up and drag it home I will take it thanks I will call you

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
what sort of outdrive is on that bad boy guys? Wouldnt happen to be a Mercruiser 215E outdrive would it?

If so, ill toss in a case of beer!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Ray whats up???? It is some sort of mercruiser OD. dunno which. its pretty old. Another guy is looking at it this weekend, he has frist dibs, but call George (the guy that sat next to you at the barnfest)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You have no idea how hard it is. They are a pain in the butt. You have to get a state tropper to come out and look at the boat. And you have to somehow prove its not stolen. It can be done, but its not easy.........

WTF

Don't worry, State POlice have a very effective way to tell YOU if its been reported you wont have to prove it.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts