BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hobie drives are machine with moving parts. They need to be regularly inspected and tuned and should be lubed every time you use them. Bring you drive by and I will do all that no charge.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hobie drives are machine with moving parts. They need to be regularly inspected and tuned and should be lubed every time you use them. Bring you drive by and I will do all that no charge.
what do you charge to restring rudder control lines?

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't usualy restring the entire line. I usualy only replace the last 12inches which is exposed and tends to get worn out. Just tie a knot. As long as the knot is back far enough that it doesn't pass through the nipple. Whats a matter with it?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Currently the string is fine it's not fraying or anything but i was thinking about doing it preemptive, I guess I should just wait.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know of 15 year old Hobies that have the original line still on them. I always wax the exposed string with surfboard wax. It wont fray then.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keeping your drive salt free and always lubed is important for long life. Loosening the rudder drum bolt (1/4 to 1/2 turn) at least once a year will eliminate rudder problems.
What other little tricks like the wax on the rudder line would you recommend?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.