BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter has 2 pups she is giving away to a good home only. 1 male, 1 female. (she rescued them before they went to the shelter) I think they are around 8 or so weeks and are a brindle between brown and black. They are a cross between pit bull and Mastif (I think). She told me they have been recognized by some organization as a new breed. I've been told this breed were origionally breed by drug dealers through the years to protect their dope and are supposed to be very protective of anything in your household including cats!!!! Imagine that. I'm at work right now, when I get home I will post pics of them and the breed she said they are.

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
A CROSS BETWEEN A BULL DOG AND A MASTIFF IS A BULLMASTIFF WHICH ARE FRIENDLY,LOVING DOGS. THEY HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR A LONG TIME.IF THE DOG YOU ARE REFERRING TO IS AN CANARY ISLAND DOG--WHICH LOOKS LIKE A MASTIFF A LITTLE BIT---THEY ARE DANGEROUS DOGS AND WERE BREED TO PROTECT AND KILL.I WILL FIND A PICTURE AND POST FOR YOU.

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
THIS IS A PRESA CANARIO OR CANARY ISLAND DOG.DO YOU REMEMBER THE TWO DOGS THAT ATTACKED AND KILLED THAT WOMEN IN CA?

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
tHIS IS A BULLMASTIFF WHICH LOOKS MORE LIKE A BOXER MIX.I HAVE A ENGLISH MASTIFF WHICH IS BRINDLE IN COLOR.I JUST WANTED TO SHOW YOU THE DIFFERENCE IN CASE YOU KEPT THEM.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure if it was mastiff they are crossed with. They look alot like the bullmastiff in you pic but are brindle.
I remember reading about the woman that was attacked and killed. Didn't remember what kind of dog it was. Thanks for the info.

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
yeah it was a canary island dog bthat killed that women,I have an article that they tries to destroy the breed but were unsuccessful-i almost bought one but thank god my wife did a little research on them.Goog luck with them

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are American Mastiff Panja

Here is a little info

American Mastiff Panja

ORIGIN:
The American Mastiff has a dark origin.
Originally they were used to guard drug dealers houses, property and yes their drugs.
Some were even used in the pit.
They had to be intimidating and not too "friendly" with strangers but allow traffic.
They have a tendency to be aloof with new people but allow entrance.
The Am Mastiff's were trained to allow under no circumstances access to property, they were set to guard.
The breed first appeared in the Detroit Metro area as a cross breed of several dogs.
Pitbull and Rottweiler are known influences of this breed.
Before being registered with the DRA in 1996 they were simply known as "rock dogs".
TEMPERAMENT:
The American Mastiff has an easy going "let me sleep on the couch" attitude. They are very devoted to their families, these dogs will take on the responsibility of watching over everything in your home -including the cat- they think everything has to be protected.
Obedience training is strongly recommended to channel their protective instincts.
They are an active breed and love to play, as with most intelligent dogs the Am Mastiffs tend to get board very easy and can be prone to chewing.
They love to be around their people, with proper socialization, they are excellent travel buddies.
Mention the word "car" and they go bananas!
The most impressive thing about these dogs is their guarding habits, they know when your guests are welcome in your home, and treat them as family.
If I'm not home my dogs won't even let my parents in my home. No one gets past the check point!
These dogs require a firm handler.
If you have very little experience with guard dogs then this is not the breed to start with.
Am Mastiffs are strong willed and want to be the alpha, that is what makes a great guard dog.
Any one considering this breed would have to have experience with other aggressive breeds.
HEAD:
Classic broad 60/40 head, widest at the ears.
The correct bite is a scissor bite, with a dry mouth - no protruding flews.
Lips are close to the head, slight mouth looseness will not be a serious fault.
EARS:
Ear crop is short, but NOT the "fighting" crop, if the ears are left natural,
only the "button" style will be allowed. This type will not be disqualified or penalized in future shows.
(this type of ear stands on it's own just the top 1/4 to 1/3 is turned down towards the FRONT ONLY)
EYES:
The American Mastiff has a curious and alert expression.
The small eyes, are wide set and almond shaped.
Any color is acceptable, the lighter the better.
CHEST:
Wide chest with well sprung ribs, slight tuck up in the mid-section.
TAIL:
The tail dock is 2/3 off, any dogs with an unaltered tail will be disqualified.
LEGS:
Front legs must be straight and heavy boned, with very muscular hind quarters,
with slightly angled hocks giving the impression of instant action.
Dew claws are removed. The dogs must have a clean presentation.
COAT:
The coat is a medium short flat coat.
COLOR:
Colors are fawn and red fawn with black mask, brindle, black, chocolate and all white, (rare color).
white marks are acceptable, if under 33% of the total coat coloring.
WEIGHT:
Males range from 90 - 110 pounds while the females range is 70 - 90.

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Originally posted by REELKNOT:
A CROSS BETWEEN A BULL DOG AND A MASTIFF IS A BULLMASTIFF WHICH ARE FRIENDLY,LOVING DOGS. THEY HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR A LONG TIME.IF THE DOG YOU ARE REFERRING TO IS AN CANARY ISLAND DOG--WHICH LOOKS LIKE A MASTIFF A LITTLE BIT---THEY ARE DANGEROUS DOGS AND WERE BREED TO PROTECT AND KILL.I WILL FIND A PICTURE AND POST FOR YOU.
Whats the cross between a bull dog and a ****zu?

Give up.

A Bull$hit :D

Hope they get good homes! ;)

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
BEAUTIFUL DOGS. GLAD THEY WERE NOT THE OTHER ONES. YOU SHOULD KEEP 1 MASTIFFS ARE GOOD DOGS. I HAVE A BRINDLE ENGLISH MASTIFF WHICH ARE THE OLDEST BREEDS. HE IS 145 LBS AT 8 MONTHS OLD.GREAT DOGS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts