BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Stc sports has alwags had good clams, girls place and 24/7 are my early spring rotation until my marina gets them

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got my clams at one of the 2 below places. Not what id hoped. I used to go to Capt Tates and they were Awesome. Now that its closed its hard to find someone that has Fresh Clams of High Quality in Avalon Area

·
Banned
2,531 Posts
Off The Hook has always had great clams when i got them.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Thanks Producer:D
We always try and have the freshest bait available, we haven't decided when we will start bringing in clams. I guess it has to do with demand, if you guys need them then we'll start bringing them in:)
If we are out of the way, call around and check with the closest shop, and find out when they got their load of bait. There aren't a whole lot of bait clam suppliers, so it comes down to when the shop gets them and how they keep them.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whats your# i will give you a try. Clams in the delaware for Stripers Freshness is the Key. If the clams are Old you can find yourself sitting not 30yds from another boat and you are catching nothing while the other guy cant keep the bass off the hook

We always try and have the freshest bait available, we haven't decided when we will start bringing in clams. I guess it has to do with demand, if you guys need them then we'll start bringing them in:)
If we are out of the way, call around and check with the closest shop, and find out when they got their load of bait. There aren't a whole lot of bait clam suppliers, so it comes down to when the shop gets them and how they keep them.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Boats going back in on Friday, I'm going to be looking for clams. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts