BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it comes to striped bass fishing, most think of the ocean. For me, it's rivers. I have caught bigger striped bass in freshwater rivers than I have in the ocean.

Who else here has PB stripers that come from fresh, not salt?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I 've caught them in both.. But some of my biggest have been from the river.. I guess the major thing is, you get the cows in april on their spawn run.. Just gotta make sure the release is clean..... lol How many times has any of us driven to the shore and got skunked.... Damn fish I shake my fist att'm

·
Registered
70 Posts
i've never even tried fishing for them in the river.... i've went on a party boat for them 3 times and got skunked each time. caught 2 15 lbers when i was bluefishing though......go figure

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The NJ state record for a striped bass caught in freshwater is 51# (Egg Harbor river 2002). The world record striped bass caught in salt water off a jetty in Atlantic City is 81# (1982). Every year fish exceeding 51# are caught in the Delaware Bay and in the NJ Ocean by BassBarn anglers. With the proper technique, your chances of catching really big bass are much better in salt water.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
I have much better success in fresh water.
LOVE fishing the Delaware...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts