BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
”Tried“ Fishing The Seawall in Anglsea. Not Expecting to Inhale Gnats and Get Eaten Alive. Wednesday AM Was Unbearable. Bug Juice Was in My Other Truck, F !. Lasted 20 Minutes. As Long as You Kept Walking You Were Good. F‘ing Gnats Ruined My Day Off.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Those "masks and gaiters" work when the gnats are swarming. Always keep some bug spray handy, yes it sucks when they swarm around your face but like I said, keep one of those sun shield neck gaiters on and you will thank me. I only wear mine around my face when the sun is out or when the bugs show up.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those "masks and gaiters" work when the gnats are swarming. Always keep some bug spray handy, yes it sucks when they swarm around your face but like I said, keep one of those sun shield neck gaiters on and you will thank me. I only wear mine around my face when the sun is out or when the bugs show up.
Yeah, I thought I had bug spray, but over the winter I must have took it out of my truck. I went bare bones throwing a buck tail and Gulp. The good new is I hit Tractor Supply in Rio Grande and picked up a twin pack of Deet spray. The day wasn’t all lost, the wife and I hit the Cape May airport Naval Air Station museum and Cape May Brewery for a few cold ones along with a good hoagie from the Erma Deli.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I always keep a small bottle of that Eucalyptus Off/Cutters bug repellent in my back pack- not crazy about the over powering smell but it does seem to work and isn't harmful for your skin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts