BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a front mount receiver to put my rod rack on. Any suggestions? I don't want to buy a full blown heavy duty receiver if I don't have to. It's not like I'll be towing with it or putting a lot of weight into the hitch, just for a rod rack. Vehicle is a '07 toyota 4runner. any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I installed a 2" front receiver on my chevy. I didn't want a "full blown heavy duty receiver" either, but there aren't many options. You have to think about everything you can do with it also cooler rack, bike rack, storage rack, etc. Mine only cost about $150 and took me about 30 minuets with basic tools to install.

·
Registered
20,268 Posts
I got the front receiver for my Sequoia from Red trailer in Philly.

In my case, it was exactly what I needed, but be aware that on my Toyota, I now have to drop the receiver (which is very easy to do) to get to the oil pan to change my oil

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the front receiver for my Sequoia from Red trailer in Philly.

In my case, it was exactly what I needed, but be aware that on my Toyota, I now have to drop the receiver (which is very easy to do) to get to the oil pan to change my oil
that's a good point actually. i should get under the vehicle and see where it could get mounted and what gets in the way. thanks

·
Registered
20,268 Posts
that's a good point actually. i should get under the vehicle and see where it could get mounted and what gets in the way. thanks
If your truck is like mine, it is a very simple install. You just drop the tow hooks in the front, prop the hitch up, and put the tow hooks back on with the same bolts. If you get the right hitch for your truck, the same bolts should be fine. You just need a breaker bar to get them off and on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.