BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a pretty good day north of port everglades today. First reef is covered, and i mean COVERED in friggin gag grouper, out of season :(. First fish we saw today was an easy 15 lb gag just chillin.

Viz was hazy 20-25 feet and water temp in the 70s. Life was sporadic, in patches. I shot my first mutton FINALLY, and got a small spadefish, got a big cero mackerel, decent spanish mack, and a small margate and we had a 1 man limit of bugs. drifted north with the current for a mile and hiked a mile back to the car. Missed a hogfish and a few other insignificant smaller fish today which was a bit of a bummer but oh well..... they are marked for tomorrows dive.

The rat bastard bug missing all his legs and antenna was in a half of a concrete barrel and it took me three dives to drag his dumb *** outta the hole.... when they gonna learn once I grab em one time they go in the bag!! :fighting:

Back at it again tomorrow!

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Sweet grub on the grill tonite Scoob.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
That is a awesome catch. My head would be spinning reading all of the different recipes that I could do right now! :D

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a awesome catch. My head would be spinning reading all of the different recipes that I could do right now! :D

Ill post pictures of how I prepare them, you guys will probably want to kill me when I show it! tails will probably be sauteed and the fish will probably turn into tacos. Diving again tomorrow so I will probably take everything from today and tomorrow and prepare it all for a nice sunday dinner :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
17,848 Posts
Ill post pictures of how I prepare them, you guys will probably want to kill me when I show it! tails will probably be sauteed and the fish will probably turn into tacos. Diving again tomorrow so I will probably take everything from today and tomorrow and prepare it all for a nice sunday dinner :thumbsup:
Fresh Fish and Football... :thumbsup: :) :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts