BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to Ft. Lauderdale Fla. tues night. I will be there for 2 or 3 days and want to know if anyone knows were I can walk up and fish. Like we do on sodbanks or ocean front....ect. I am taking my 7 ft St. Croix and penn 4400. and my 8 wt fly rod. what do I need for wading and where may I find these type places. thanks in advance for any help....Jim

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Jim I have a link that gives walk-in. I'll try to find it-quickly. Will you have access to a computor down there?? If you can handle the $$, contact bouncer smith. Good luck. Ron

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ron I may hire a guide the first day. I quess that would set me up for the rest of the time I'm there. I am looking up Bouncer as I type. and yes I will have comp access Thanks....Jim

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just got back from fishing the West Branch of the Delaware. Love that place. Took a float down and fished the main stem as well. Alot of nice wild bow's and browns. Water levels were great due to a release, and the bugs were out. But on the subject, used to live in Lauderdale, but as far as fly fishing it's pretty hard. There is alot of sandy bottom, and stucture can be few and far between. At lauderdale by the sea, there is a pier that you can cast around(plenty of Pilchards)as well as Deerfield up the road. Also, your not to far away from Biscayne Bay around Miami. Don't forget to check out some of the canals and man made lakes, I used to have a blast on little Peacock's(also you never know what you can run into in those things)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts