BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy and I are thinking about hopping a flight to Ft. Meyers at the end of this month and are looking to do a little reef/back country fishing.

Can anyone recommend a reputable charter boat for us to go on?

Thank you
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
be interested to know what you find... I'll be down in March and thought of researching same, though most likely I'll just hit a pier and bridges by foot.

·
Registered
393 Posts
A buddy and I are thinking about hopping a flight to Ft. Meyers at the end of this month and are looking to do a little reef/back country fishing.

Thank you

Captain Clark Wright, local captain and excellent fisherman. Trailers his boat to follow the fish. Give him a shout 941 809-8160. Tell him the cheesesteak guy sent you. Good luck.

·
Registered
16,436 Posts

Thank you

Watch the weather, we just had another cold front last night and it is chilly!

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
If you want to go offshore this was a great boat we took last year out of Ft. Myers, we had our 6 man limit of Red Grouper in 2 1/2 hours (4 per man). All the info is on the sign (Island Lady). We will be down there again in the middle of Feb.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
If you want to go offshore this was a great boat we took last year out of Ft. Myers, we had our 6 man limit of Red Grouper in 2 1/2 hours (4 per man). All the info is on the sign (Island Lady). We will be down there again in the middle of Feb.
wow they look delicious!! whats the season for red grouper?? And, how far is the ride out??

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
wow they look delicious!! whats the season for red grouper?? And, how far is the ride out??
We fished the first week of March, 20 plus off, yes they are delicious.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I haven't been to Naples for a couple of years but found several good inshore and offshore captains at Naples Marina ..I had some great days with snook and redfish in mangroves between Naples and Marco

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Biggestjack---I went there 9 years but haven't been there for 3 years as I have too many grandkids BUT I am going to spend 12 days on East Coast in Indi/atlantic ..Have no idea what to expect

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Went on his site but there was no pricing info.
What was the cost of that trip if you don't mind??

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone!!! Booked with Paradise Charters. Can't wait to wet a line!!

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Went on his site but there was no pricing info.
What was the cost of that trip if you don't mind??
I think it was $150 or $175 a man, plus tip for the mate who was great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts