BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your opinions and experience on full moons and even new moons fishing at night . Do you prefer them or dispise them. Or do you go to that peice of water that seems to highlight during certain lunar phases?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Typically I find that new and full moons help fishing, and not just at night, the entire day. Actually, it usually even improves fishing for the couple days before and the couple days after. The only downside w/ a new moon is fishing at night you can't see shiet...

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
Ahh the eternal question...
I like full at night because I seem to catch more in terms of numbers. Full seems to hurt a little during daylight hours. But new does seem to be better for LARGE.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by Ardmore Bill:
Not this one - with last weeks storm it going keep things muddy a little longer.
Exactly,but by next weekend look out. ;)

But overall I have had mixed results at night
with a full or new moon...

[ 10-16-2005, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Not a fan of the full moon. Maybe night bluefishing but that would be it in saltwater. In fresh water it is very difficult to catch bait during a full moon.

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
I personally dont like fishing the full moon. So much stuff from the marhes floats out and at night stuff can be hard to see. As the fishing goes...mixed results.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
I landed 21 fish to 42" yesterday - I've had skunks as well on the full moon.

I go whenever I can.

The more you think there are rules, the more you limit your chances of success.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
full moon worked for me today 10/18

·
Registered
7,892 Posts
Full moon tides are good, but when it gets too bright out at night it seems to kill the action for me. Do good in the evenings when the moon is orange. Action seems to die as it gets brighter. Haven't tried with week with all the heavy wind. In general, the darker the night the better the fishing like new moons.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree with you tiderunner. The darker the better. Full moon nights even with some cloud cover offer some better fishing. I have found on big full moon tides I have to fish even further into the back. But you had better be out quik. You can't pole on mud.

[ 10-19-2005, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: insomniac ]

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Very much overlooked for some excellent Offshore fishing AND surf-casting

Stay away from the lights on a fmull moon

1 - 19 of 19 Posts