BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just received restocks from Gamakatsu, VMC and OTI.

For the Gamakatsu the 00421-XX 11/0 and 12/0 (10,50) are a great quality hook that alot of guys are fishing for the big bluefin. They can be served (snelled) with #500 kelvar for assist hooks and worked great last season.

In VMC we have the 13/0 Japanese Sickle Style hooks both served and loose.

For the OTI we are stocking the new Raptor Inline (Decoy style) hooks in sizes 6/0, 8/0 and 10/0 - these are proving to be very popular and reasonably priced.

**** Also expecting large qty of RED Gammy in 5/0, 6/0 and 7/0 any day now. These are sold in 50 packs and by the box of 1,000.

Also keep us in mind for

Strike Pro Tuna Hunters
OTI Komodo, Wombats
CM Hammered Jigs - in sizes that work for NC :cool: 320g, 420g, 520g
(go lighter and go sideways with that ripping gulf stream current)
Yo-Zuri, Seaguar, and Varivas leader in stock, factory direct fresh
Owner split rings in BULK! 10/100/1000 bags direct from Japan
Owner ST-76, and ST-66 in stock - best prices!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Dan,

Heading down to fish tomorrow and thursday. I'm gonna torture those VMC's hopefully. Bring a bunch of those Decoys to the CR seminar in long island, I'm gonna need some for sure. Report later

Greg

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Dan I want to buy some of those gammi's for obx next month. Bring a few down to the Manahawkin flea market this weekend. Toss a few 300&400 g diamonds in there as well an I will give u the $$$ there. I want to have enough tackle on hand for the other guys on the trip.
I'll give you a shout on Friday.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dan I want to buy some of those gammi's for obx next month. Bring a few down to the Manahawkin flea market this weekend. Toss a few 300&400 g diamonds in there as well an I will give u the $$$ there. I want to have enough tackle on hand for the other guys on the trip.
I'll give you a shout on Friday.
Not a problem, I don't mind making up hooks for the group. I've been making up both with the #500 Kevlar and then finishing them with leftover epoxy from running bucktails.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice work Dan, the wrap method and epoxy looks a lot cleaner then the heat shrink tubing. Can't wait to fish them next month.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Nice job brother, I'll give you some $$ on Sat. We have same group for both days now. I have some bad cabin fever since I have been puppy training instead of catching fish in some far off place. I might take a ride down before March if this bite keeps up.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Nice work Dan, the wrap method and epoxy looks a lot cleaner then the heat shrink tubing. Can't wait to fish them next month.
I agree. ( although I use heat shrink on my hooks. I need that 28hr day :D ). Dan's hooks are done up right! Even the hooks that come on the packaged Diamond Jigs are done this way, which surprised me when I first saw them a couple years ago. It looks alot better!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Tom appreciate it. Guys hooks done this way are not cheap but you don't need alot of hooks. The hook should be threaded through a Figure 8 Jigging ring and attached to your jig with a #9 Owner split ring.

When you change jigs you do so at the split ring, so you are NOT retying during the trip.

The knot is up to the angler, I have been crimping anything over #80 with good results. Just using standard double barrel copper crimps.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do I have that right, you will be at the Southern Regional Flea Mkt. And will you have signage so I will know which vendor you are?.
Yes I will be there this Saturday, I am not sure of the table numbers and while yes we have signage, its hard to display short of duct taping it to the wall and I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate that :D. I know I am on the left side of the room along the wall.

I will call Bob and ask for our table numbers and report back...

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Figure 8 Ring, AG Knot and a pair of HPA Pliers. I never have to re-tie on the water. Since you converted me over to the Figure 8's, life is alot easier. :)

Btw, I need a bulk bag of figure 8 Rings.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had a bag of a hundred set aside, I should have sent them with the pliers - sorry my bad. I will get them right out !

·
Registered
9,997 Posts
Hmmm I'm two hours away from manahawkin but its probably worth it just to see your gear! I'll just shadow Lucky John!! Besides I need a few more shad man umbrellas which were there last year....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts