BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any issue with this older units i just bought one in great ship and saw it work. I hope i did not buy a pc of %%%%.:confused:

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I just went thru the process of looking for a good used radar unit. I tried to stay away from older crt type displays and found a good. Raymarine unit with an lcd display from a fellow barner. Google and the hull truth are your best friends.

·
Registered
9,997 Posts
The 1621 is a good unit, and believe it is not a crt display.

I have the 1722 and love it. It replaced my older Furuno, which was crt.. Look around most marinas, furuno radars dominate.....

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Had one on my 24HS... great little unit. Does the job with no frills...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I Believe thats the unit i have and it gets the job done. Yes there are better newer models out there but if the price is fair i wouldnt hesitate cause mine has saved me a bunch of times. I have no problems seeing the screen either. A very nice little unit with low thrills but it does get the job done.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Wasn't sure if this one was crt . I looked at so many used radars this week I forget what I saw/read. I ended with a sl70 raymarine.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
The 1621 is an LCD.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i pick it up for 500 bucks . It was inside a parker boat. Everything is in great shape on the screen and dome the in good working order.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
If it did not come with a users manual, you can download one off the Furuno website...

·
Registered
196 Posts
i had the same model on my old boat worked great for a few years then display started fogging up .had same problem with my furuno 600 lcd finder and furuno said it was a motherboard problem.sent both units back and they wanted 400 to fix finder.fixed radar for free.good unit easy to use.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I had one in my first 4 boats...let it go with the 4th one as the 5th boat came with a Raymarine. I liked it and I could see the clam stakes and crab trap floats in the bay zoomed into 1/4 mile and properly adjusted. It would pick up tugs and barges on the 4 mile setting with no problem....some guys get hung up on 24 or 48 miles radars..unless the antenna is mounted 50 feet up, you arent seeing that far and who cares...I was always concerned with what was close to me and I was never in a position to look for a flock of birds 10 miles away etc...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts