BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the newer VX2 navnets are compatible with the older VX1 navnets? I have a VX1 1833C...radar, BBFF and GSP. I'd like to install a second unit in the tower of my boat (31 North Coast Express fisherman). I find its much easier going through inlets and doing other navigation tricks at night while steering from the tower (better visibility...no curtains or stray light). ...but while up there, i dont have a chartplotter or radar. ...woudl love to install a second navnet station up there.

Does anyone know a good furuno dealer in S. Jersey?...i purchase my unit from Consumer marine 6 years ago. But, my boat is at Jersey Cape right now... must be some good dealers in that area

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
cant help you with the compatability issue, but as far as dealers, check out South Jersey... barn sponsor and just all around great guys who really know their stuff:thumbsup: they'll be able to answer all your questions.

·
Registered
749 Posts
From what I understand you can network the 1 and vx2 units and control everything from either unit but you will not be able to share charts from 1 to the other so you need a chart card for the new vx2 unit as well.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
They are 100% compatibile, like was posted earlier, you need a new chart for the new unit. Be sure to get the CMap version, so you can add sirius weather. You will also need a hub and some adapter cables.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.