BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
In my book G.Loomis is #1 for what I do in
the backbays and around the inlets off land....
Just bought my first Lamiglass last season a
9footer and have nothing but good things to
say about that rod also.....
Persently trying to decide on a 8footer and
I am leaning toward the G.Loomis,but I have
also found the St.Croix Tidemaster to be a good
one also......

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm interested in getting as close to a all around rod as you can. Looking for something I can use for boat bottom fishing, but something that I can cast a bait with if needed. Besides the loomis and lamiglas I was even thinking about an all star rod. I was initially interested in picking up a good fresh water rod but somehow it changed to saltwater instead. I would really like to know some of your opinions on these rods.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
baranx - I don't think you can go wrong with Loomis, Lami, or Allstar. All top notch rods.

The tough part for me would be trying to find an "all around" rod. For the surf I like 9 or ten footers for pluggin - wouldn't want to use on of them in a boat.

Kinda like golf - need more than one club to play.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Don't sell a good ROGUE rod short. They have a nice light saltwater line. In fact, I just ordered one today.

Jamestackle is a Barn advertiser and a Rogue distributor. Give him a call.

·
Registered
597 Posts
ROGUE all the way guys.... if you were to cover the names on a Loomis IMX and a Rogue you would never tell the two rods apart... except for the price of the Rogue is about 1/2 of the price of a Loomis. I used to sell Loomis rods, but since finding Rogue, I have switched over to offer my customers a superior product that priced fair and owned by an American company. Have a great evening and GOD BLESS AMERICA -Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.