BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday, when Gale Force Soda Blasting got to this 25 year old Grady, she looked like this...

When I got to the job this morning she looked like this...

Where you see the blue tape is where Chris marked spots on the bottom that needed attention. I filled in all spots and sanded smooth before the barrier coat was applied.

4 Coats of Interlux Interprotect 2000E

Followed by Interlux Bottomkote

And now, we have a boat ready for the water...

Bring life back to your old boat, give us a call today for a free quote

Gale Force Soda Blasting
800-901-4253

CPS Marine for Barrier Coating/ Bottom Painting
609-617-1009

·
Registered
215 Posts
just make sure there is no snow on the ground! Laying under boats with snow all around is getting old. Notice the snow and the plow in the first pic. 49' East Bay(Grand Banks)with a barrier coat over a resin infused hull form earlier this week. The boat was a 2005 and they tried the tell tale coat green with black over it, but the black did not stick to the green and the owner/yacht management co. decided to start over. One or two coats of fresh barrier and tie in 2 coats of new ablative over it.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice work guys. What do you get to do a 23ft CC? Will you guys come over the bridge to soda blast the hull and then barrier and paint it?​

Mike​
We both travel all over. I wont speak for Chris, but we will come over the bridge to take care of you.

All depends on what needs to be done. If we are only barrier coating/ painting it would run around $700 which would include 4 coats of interprotect followed by bottom paint. If the bottom needs attention like this Grady did, the price can vary.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.