BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Garmin GPS 76, loaded with 100's of secret spots:rolleyes:

How can I pull the waypoints out using a nmea cable? And where can I acquire it?????

·
Registered
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Online with garmin they show a pc interface cable with a serial port. So I guess I'm investigating the how to once I get the cable.....

I might be able to activate an old pc, which has serial ports:D....will windows 98 or xp work???

·
Registered
428 Posts
Give Norm at Comsumers Electronics a call. He help me with my 178C Garmin .

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I can do it for you for the cost of shipping both ways. I will print them out or load them into another Garmin. Send me an email.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Garmin makes a blank memory chip that you use to transfer data between units or a PC. Go to their web site & look for a "Marine Data Management Kit". It cost me about $50 if memory serves me right.
Hope that helps.
George

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
I have a Garmin cable to do the software updates from my old 188c... if it is the same cable you need to download your data ( and it may NOT be because of the size of the different units), and you feel like dropping by to try it, shoot me an email.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Re-Bait said:
Thanks email sent High Wire. Exactly how do you manupilate the data?

Dave B
If anyone else needs it done, I'll do it for a donation to the reef program. Send me an email.

I have 4 differnt programs. At least one of them will work.
I can either print it out for a hard copy or put it directly into another Garmin. I can also update the software in some cases.
So far I 've done it on older Garmins without chips with 4 pin or 7 pin jacks:
182C
12XL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts