BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gas prices are expected to reach well over $ 3.00 a gallon by the time the fishing season gets into full swing... how will this affect your boating season ??:confused:.....ohhhh crapppp..i thought i was in dry dock ???????......to dry dock i go..

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put this thread in the ``Dry Dock``....Let the gods remove it from here.:)

·
Registered
587 Posts
I really don't think it will change my boating habits all that much in the spring and fall. Between fuel prices and the Fluke mess I doub't I'll fish much over the summer months.

For me the fuel in the boat isn't as much the issue as the fuel to drive my truck to the boat and back home again. When I look at my average fuel consumption from last year in the boat and the truck, and consider the trip from home to dock, dock to bay/ocean (fishing), and back home, the truck uses more fuel than the boat does for a typical day of fishing.

Honestly If the fishing was better in the summer I'd still go, but I don't have enough luck in the heat to make it worth my while.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
prices

$3.25.......thats cheap. If this is on the road price, I'm sure it will be over that soon. If this is gas dock prices, we paid 3.89 and 3.99 at Port Norris last year. I would almost expect 4.25, 4.50 or more a gallon this year. My diabeties doctor told that she's paying 4.33 a gallon for diesel at the dock for her Ocean. It's a crying shame that gov't isn't doing anything about it. We working people are being put out of our fun.

·
Banned
303 Posts
sitting in the marina, boat has just become a condo 350 a gallon for gas 4000 for a slip boating has become a rich mans hobbie and that is not what it should be.unless u want to trailer a small boat all over creation which sucks been there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts