BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to vent about this somewhere unfortunatly here. I paid 2.51 for gas on mon. for my vehicle. Today leaving work gas was 3.00 a gallon. That is a difference of 10.00 for 20 gal. of gas. Ten dollars that I dont have to spend somewhere else. Around the corner from my house a shell station had gas for 2.69 a gal. Who is policing this policy. Certinally not the idiot in Washington. And I dont want to hear the excuse about China, when oil companies reported record profits for the last quarter of this year. A freind of mine is a retired engineer and told me when gas was nearing two dollars a gal.some time ago that if oil companies up graded technolgies on oil wells that have been running for over 50 years, they could increase out put by 50 to 100%. Eliminating the need to bring in oil from elsewhere. Again oil company profits. I feel sorry for Tackle shops and marinas that will take a hit because of these increases.

·
Registered
990 Posts
It is absolulutly going to impact everyone. I dont look foward to putting fuel in my boat at $3.00 ++ per gallon. I have a flooring business and i do mostly commercial work and we tarvel the state because i am a state vendor. one of my guys had to fuel up today and he called me on his nextel while i was in a wawa and told me gas was 3 dollars per gallon. You could of heard a pin drop when i gave him my response on the phone i was so shooked i forgot i was in public. (luckily no little ears) I have to raise my prices which means my customer pays more which means he or she has less to spend somewhere else. This is pure pull my pants down and whip me bull ship. My only option is to not drive unless i absolutly have to and look into buying a gas station. I live in Pole Tavern near elmer and we have two staions at the circle and the one guy changes his price everyady. He was $2.99 thismorning but when i went to bellmawr it is still $2.69 what is up with this. The state needs to step in lower prices because its pure B.S. This isnt like the flooring i sell gas is like food and electric and the latter is regulated. I need a twelve pack now thanks for letting me vent its jusst a terrible shame.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Yep same thing here in Aston Pa gas was 2.67 last night and this morning 2.98 for the same gas he was pumping yesterday. This Friday prices will go up as normal for a hoilday weekend another 10-20 cent/gal. That puts us at 3.19 for the hoilday weekend. It's not the end eather. With about 9 refineries off line in the gulf with no power for the ones without damage that can restart prices are poised to go much higher. It's not just refining eather it's shipping from the devistated areas where the refineries are located. Everything is boxed in and no supplies of gas will be shipping out in 6-8 weeks if we're lucky.
Also most of our grain about 80% normally is shipped down the Mississippi river to ports in New Orleans. Those ports have major damage nothing is moving in or out any time soon.
Bush releasing crude oil from the national stocks does absolutly nothing. We don't have a crude supply problem we have a refining problem and shipping problem thats going to be around a while.
It's the beginning of a new era. You beat you last dollar that all this is being watched very closly by other countries and terrorest groups. They will want to see how we handle this. I hope they don't try to hit us when we're down.

[ 08-31-2005, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: DRIFTER1 ]

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the point that I am trying to make that unless somebody does something about the price of gas and the oil companies the economy of this country will be in serious problems

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by 2 fishes:
the point that I am trying to make that unless somebody does something about the price of gas and the oil companies the economy of this country will be in serious problems
I agree 100%, but, we will get through it. Gas prices jumped over $3/gal back in the late-80's, and then proceeded to drop significantly over the following years. While what's happening now does suck, it won't stay this way forever. Just be thankful that you're not in California, where they're paying around $4/gal already. But you're right, someone in Washington needs to put their foot down on the petrol industry's necks to have them get their shiet together. I won't be surprised if we see "hybrid" boats released soon if this keeps up...

·
Registered
896 Posts
Yeah, I just love the fact that the oil corporations who do not put back any of their "profits" back into upgrading their technologies/infrastructure to the refineries so they can now reap windfall profits and just arbitrarily say that it's the "demand" by China... I topped off with a quarter tank this am and driving by the same station this afternoon it was $ 3.01.... wow....

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
It's not bad enough that we have just experienced the worst natural disaster in this country's history but now the oil companys are raping us too. Why do we go to Iraq to fight terrorists they are right here.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Remember the good old days. when you could fill your truck up with cash and still have money in your pocket for a drink and a sandwich...can`t do that now unless you carry $100 dollors on ya at all times. :(
Rum runner....

·
Registered
259 Posts
:mad: From this old man you guys are all right on the meat! may I add if you follow the money trail, you'll find that until the politicians feel the sting nothing will be done.I'm in my 60's now but I remember my dad saying that the 3 piece suit wearing politicians are worse than the Mafia! at least you knew who you were dealing with when you dealt with them!! " Remember".....
Politics is a Whores game and you have to be a pimp to play it well!! Politics,oil companies, opec, one in the same, they don't care about you one iota!
I really feel bad for our kids and grandchildren Lord only knows what they will be faced with.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
heard a independent trucker call in a radio station tonite,he said that on oct 31 the independent truckers are going to stop running for atleast a week in protest.can anyone verify this?

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
This is getting really hard to swallow. All things considered, I find it impossible to believe that one call from the White House would not stop this nonsense in its tracks.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
I will be running shuttles down to IBSP during the fall . It'll only cost you $15 a person to get a ride. Leave your boats at home & enjoy the surf.
If nobody wants to go it may be a very lean fall on the beach.

Somethings gotta give on this eventually. Protests, boycotts, assassinations........

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I drive 25 miles to work each way. In my travel this morning I saw gas prices that ranged from 2.69 to 3.19 per gal. thats .50 cents or 10.00 for a 20 gal fill up. Is there anyone policing this situation or can gas stations make as much as they want?

·
Registered
166 Posts
The gas increase was coming, it took KATRINA to make it come sooner. News this morning showed places in Georgia and North Carolina at $5 + I guess it won't be long until we see that! The effects of Katrina are giving the gas producing Companies the excuse they needed to increase their profits at the misery of others. If you have stock in any oil company expect good dividends.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I don't understand how the oil companies can raise the price of gas when they havent had a delivery. If they still have gas in the underground tanks, then they should not be allowed to raise price until a new delivery is made. WAKE UP BUSH!!!!! How about going back to the ODD/EVEN like in the 70's.

·
Registered
387 Posts
BOYCOTT is the answer! get the barn to decide which big name station to boycott. then that company will lower prices and start a gas war in OUR favor!!!!
i'm changing oil in my car every 6000 miles instead of 3000. my manual says i can go 7500, now i've cut my oil consumption in half.
if they can't refine crude, demand for crude is reduced. THEN WHY DOES CRUDE PRICE GO UP????????

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.