BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm not the only one getting tired of gas prices.:mad::thumbsdown: The high prices affect so many people. With all the times you go fishing, and on top of all that, sometimes buying bait , maybe food and so on. Maybe all the barners can start emailing our government and let them know no more.:fighting: I know the gas prices will dictate how many times I go this year. With all the rain this weekend we all have time.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
and there is no reason for it. demand is way down and gas and oil is almost $1.00 higer than a year ago

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Gas goes up every year right before MEMORIAL DAY and it usually drops by Mid Sept early Oct. Its seems as over the years I've noticed a little trend in the way they inflate gas prices to rake in money off of our holidays and busy seasons and blame it on the quote " WINTER/SUMMER FUEL". Remember when we had the $4 a gallon gas prices two or three summers ago and that fall it dropped to $1.10 a gallon? It does suck, I get tired of it and last year when I Finally started a fishing log-I started to write down how much a gallon of gas costs on that very day of fishing. I'm afraid to see how bad they jack up the price this year and what piss poor excuse they're going to use, we'll find out in late April early May at the pumps I guess.:huh:

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
i purchased my new for me boat based on preference with gas mixed in..i could have bought a bigger boat but then would have to watch the gas guage..so i went a little smaller with the ability to afford going out more often

·
Registered
154 Posts
Unreal: wants cake but want's to eat it too

Prices will be up to $3.50 a gallon by June/July in gas stations. One the water add $.25 :mad:

Hey you can't have it both ways; you're like Mr. GOP but it sounds here like you are not for free market on gas prices, so when the unregulated oil industry rapes you, you should turn your frown upside down and enjoy every moment of it. LOL

·
Registered
39,870 Posts

·
Registered
39,870 Posts
So I guess we can point the finger at you and your future trading brethern for the higher gas prices, thanks:cool:
LOL.. I don't set the prices. Atlantis will tell you its the greed of Big Oil.. He is still Blaming Bush :D:D:D
5 years ago I got fed up with paying more for gas year over year so I began to lay off stocks and pick up options in energy. Anyone can do it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I know I'm not the only one getting tired of gas prices.:mad::thumbsdown: The high prices affect so many people. With all the times you go fishing, and on top of all that, sometimes buying bait , maybe food and so on. Maybe all the barners can start emailing our government and let them know no more.:fighting: I know the gas prices will dictate how many times I go this year. With all the rain this weekend we all have time.
Most of the prices are driven up by speculators in the futures markets. The biggest offender is the banks. Yes, that is right, the same people we bail out so they can get their huge bonuses, and killing you gas prices. I do not even ure mine any more. When I bought my boat in 2003, gas was about 1.18/ gal.
It is unfortunate that we as a people, and the people lack the power to truly impose our will on govt and business. If you did not buy gas for a week, the price would plummet. There is just no way to get that organization

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Most of the prices are driven up by speculators in the futures markets. The biggest offender is the banks. Yes, that is right, the same people we bail out so they can get their huge bonuses, and killing you gas prices. I do not even ure mine any more. When I bought my boat in 2003, gas was about 1.18/ gal.
It is unfortunate that we as a people, and the people lack the power to truly impose our will on govt and business. If you did not buy gas for a week, the price would plummet. There is just no way to get that organization
Whatever we don't buy,The Chinese and Indians will scoop up. We are no longer the only "petro" hogs out there.

·
Registered
39,870 Posts

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In the last couple of years most companies are just making it, however the oil companies, well lets just say they are ripping off everyone. No matter how you explain it. You want things to turn around stop them from making billions every quarter!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
39,870 Posts
In the last couple of years most companies are just making it, however the oil companies, well lets just say they are ripping off everyone. No matter how you explain it. You want things to turn around stop them from making billions every quarter!!!!!!!!!!
Yea Sunoco is setting the world on fire :eek:
They lost $31,000,000 in the fourth Quarter of 2009.
For 2009 they lost $329,000,000... :eek::rolleyes:
Sounds like some bang up numbers to me :thumbsup:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Yea Sunoco is setting the world on fire :eek:
They lost $31,000,000 in the fourth Quarter of 2009.
For 2009 they lost $329,000,000... :eek::rolleyes:
Sounds like some bang up numbers to me :thumbsup:

I think it is a ploy for Gov. money to update their refinaries. They have been closing the older ones down the past cpl of years. I would bet the house they get money soon to renovate them and will be turing a profit with in two years.

Just listen to me...I know what I'm talking about....eight fingered carpenter over here.:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.