BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Probably like everything else in life. Enough to cover their cost. I'm sure their trying to make a living like everyone else.:)

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
We have not raised ours yet. At least not for inshore trips(tog, drum, stripers). Offshore and deep water fluking might be a different story though:mad:, we'll see what June brings.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's only a matter of time before they can't turn the profit they need to survive. They will have no choice with offshore trips unless our government does something about it. Which will most likely not happen. Let's just hope...........

·
Registered
590 Posts
What I'm most worried about is when the diesel fuel prices roll up to the grocery store.

We're screwed... Lettuce will be $4.00 a head.

:(

·
Registered
944 Posts
Most of everthing we buy will go up do to transportation/production costs.
For the past two years i have been hit w/ fuel surcharges. Just a couple at first, but over the last6 months it changes ever month.
Try and get drywall, doors or anything similiar and you will pay a surcharge.
Take your debri to the dump and they will surcharge you for the fuel.
(WM/BFI @$10.75 Ton).
The head boats & charters will have to charge more to maintain the same profit margin the same as the repair guys and who ever else has to get to where they are going.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
For the past year or so every delivery I get into my kitchen has a fuel surcharge. There is no way around it. I feel bad for the offshore charters guys because many are going to take a pass this year with rising prices. They have to do it thought in order to turn some type of profit. I can remember paying $225 for an overnighter charter per guy and I'm only 31. Now it's easily $400+ and all that difference is just going towards fuel.

·
Registered
549 Posts
This whole gas thing is really F'n us. We have so many more farmers growing corn now so that we can keep the Ethonal push going that it is starving out wheat production. Anyone buy a Pizza lately? A 50# bag of flour was about $16 a little over a month ago, now about $30 and soon to reach $50. Then add extra from transportation costs.... In NY State alone the corn production is up 8 million tons from 2006 to 2007 and winter wheat plantings were down 5,000 acres.

Who knows what the answer is... but it makes you wonder about saving 0.05/gal at the pump. It's costing us anyway! I can tell you this... there isn't a candidate running for President that can fix this problem!

·
Registered
107 Posts
It is already rolling up to tackle shops/marinas so I am told by a few. A couple guys were telling me on smaller orders (Even orders of several hundred to a couple thousand $$$) some of the distributors and manufacturers were charging fuel/shipping surcharges on top of the regular shipping rates already this season.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts