BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got rid of the skunk. Caught 4 keepers,
5 throwback fluke. not much size, biggest fluke was 3 lbs. Checked the bellies and they all had grass shrimp. :D

water clarity - clear
backbay temp - 70
killie and squid
white/green bucktail
bobber w/shad dart
last of high tide, first hour of low

Ton of Gnats, gnats, gnats. They where out in full force. Thank god for Deet.

[ 05-24-2004, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: johnny d ]

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
That narrows it down to about 4 different areas. ;) I been getting 6 to 8 fluke a trip w/ very few keepers. I can not wait for the reefs to heat up.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Frayed knot,
Lmao, how about I was fishing 5-7 feet of water north of the fish factory near those branches stick out of the water. :D

[ 05-25-2004, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: johnny d ]

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
What's up jd, you were out when I got back to the dock Sunday. We ended up with 9 fluke 2 keepers. It's getting better, I have had very little success in the shallows. I have been concentratin on 10-20 foot of water.Another thing,down size your baits.I was using 6 inch grub with no success. I switched to the 4 inch and got 3 fish right away on the same drift.I found a nice bass hole Sunday and will be fishing wednesday morning with clam. I will post when I get back. I will be pulling my boat out in a week or so and moving the new one to capehorn just up the road.My buddy will most likely be using my slip with a new 19' skiff. See ya out there.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FlukeNewsty,

I am doing good. How you been? I was looking around for you, but didn't see you. I got a late start because I took the family out. I tell mom to be ready at 7:00 to leave and she not ready until 8:00. Then they stop at the wawa at 70/72 circle for sandwiches and the place is pack. We wasted another 1/2 hour at WaWa, I was about to explode.

10-20 ft of water? What area where you fishing?

I am really disappointed with the area we fished last year. It isn't producing. I haven't caught 1 fluke yet. Can't wait to see your new fishing machine. I heard she's a beauty. I'll be fishing this sat and sun. Do you have my Cell #? If you do give me call on saturday or I'll see you at the docks. Congrat's on your new boat, I can't wait to see it.

Are you fishing the JCAA?

Johnny d

[ 05-25-2004, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: johnny d ]

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Ya know what, I have only gotten a few fluke in the spot we raked last year as well. I found a few other holes around the stink house.I will be out wednesday, saturday and sunday as well.e mail me your cell # and we can hook up either sat or sun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts