BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BEST WAY TO RUN IT IN A 20 FT WA.I HAVE RUN IT DIFFERENT WAYS BUT EVERYTIME IT IS OH SO DIFFERENT.I SAW SOME RUN NEAR THE ROCKS ON THE LONGPORT SIDE BUT IT LOOKED SHALLOW?????

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
You can easily run the rock pile in a 20FT WA. You just need to know the proper line to take. We run it in a 38' all day long. The lowest it gets so far this year has been 6'. It saves you a good 20-25 minutes then running out to the bell. Don't do it on this word alone and watch someone else run it but you have about a 20 feet channel to run through. You just have to know or see where it is at if its your first time.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Always run by the Rocks. It is normally the calmest part of the inlet and I've never ever had a problem going this way. Just watch someone else do it and then do it yourself. It is a much quicker way to run the inlet than coming in at the bell, unless you are coming from the south that it.

·
Registered
20,268 Posts
... and the inlet is no walk in the park these days... get the end of the outgoing and a SW wind and the shoals on either side make the channel like a 4' wave pool.... the north shoal has shifted over enough to throw breakers on and over the #4 nun....

I have taken the Rockpile route and run around the entire inlet to go South in less time than it takes to follow the channel in poor conditions...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Good advice by all !!! The rock pile is the only way to go. Just stay between the rocks and the breakers and you will not have a problem. It doent look good to follow someone this weekend with NE wind predicted. Good luck

·
Banned
5,940 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.