BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What has happend to the striper fishing in and around this inlet? Any fishing for that matter. Am I going nuts or is everyone else having the same luck this fall?

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Nuthin at LP on Friday. Typical. Go offshore about 10 miles.

·
Registered
51 Posts
GE inlet has always been slow and steady with stripers. either you catch them or you get toally skunked. try going around the bell and troll tubes and umbrellas or head to the inside of the inlet and drift along with an eel or spot along the sandbar breakers.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Things have been real lousy around the inlet, your right is wirse than it ever has. Right now I usualkly avg. 6-10 easily every night. Not even a bite for a long time. Last time I hit them there was end of august there was a blitz of monsters all around 36-44". Since then I boated about 6-8 total fish there. Rainbow has been loaded with shorts avg. night as of last week was 20-80 with no keepers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can spots still be caught or do you have to buy them? I was catching ton of them off the beach at the GE inlet a month or so ago. If they are not there now, how long do they stay around to catch? Late Oct?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've fished that inlet the last three weekends and have caught only 3 fish. It is not like it was in years past. What ever happened to the clam boats that use to work that area? We used to follow them around and load up, using clam for bait.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Was out saturday nite chunking in rainbow channel and around the 9th street bridge, skunked again...we threw 4 gallons of clam bellies without a nibble...we have been skunked on anything over 32 inches all year...there isnt much you cando if thatis where dock the boat

question, can you chunk bellies directly in the inlet or out by the bell, i feel like the current would be too strong and dissipate the slick, any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I've been doin great. It's an early bite. gotta beat most boats out. fish the bars with bucktails. 2 wekends ago we put 56 in my boat

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
It's been slower than usual. I think it will get better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts