BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the GE today at 11:00. Fished there for a little over an hour in the fleet on the scattered debris. Nothing going on on any vessel in my eye shot - nothing!! Robbins, black bass - no flatties that I could see. 2 ft ground swell. Bailed on that and went back in to work through the shorts to get a bunch of keepers. Thought I'd save someone the time by posting this. Or maybe I went on an off day? Checked some small spots that I've found out there on my own. Nothing there either.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
It was not any better out of Barnagat Light yesterday. We move around a lot but could not entice any flat ones. I am going to make a run to Little Egg Reef today after church and see if a day calmer seas will get them biting.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Saturday afternoon, I was trolling with my grandsons and son-in-law out by the Stone Beds and the Table Top, just bunch of small blues. It was a nice day, wind and weather wise.

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Also fished the GE Reef and caught a few throwbacks......sucks when you run 10 miles only to catch a few throwbacks that you pretty much could catch from the beach! Is this spot overrated? Fished it a few times with not much luck, I heard the AC is better for bigger flounder because the water is deeper, but its also further out!!!!

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Was not any better this afternoon. Hit L.E.R. and could only muster up 4 seabass. Where have all the flukies gone?

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
We were at the Avalon shoal and picked 2 keepers. One was about 4 lbs. Fished about 6 hours for 2 fish. Was gonna stay in the back but the heat and the greenheads talked us out of it.
Eight fish limit ,huh? How many guys got their limit this year? I got a limit catch 2 years ago and only did it once. If it weren't for stripers...I'd be sailin'

How's the fishing in Penasacola Fla.? Betcha can get a real good deal on a house thereabouts.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Fished the table top/ stonebeds/ Oc reef area for a few hours saturday afternoon, not a lot of boats out there caught several robins, two real nice sea bass about 3 lbs and NO fluke not even a short not even a bite resembling a fluke. It started to blow up and we took the 12 mile run back, where are all the GD fluke, this is by far my worst fluke year ever.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went to the back bay yesterday. 35 fish, 3 nice keepers. Strong bite for 2 hours. Guess I'll hold off on the reefs for a couple more weeks.

Up and Over, I've done much better at the AC. Lots of spread out small debris fields. Further out though. More gas money. But what's 4 extra miles when you go that far already?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.