BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the GE today at 11:00. Fished there for a little over an hour in the fleet on the scattered debris. Nothing going on on any vessel in my eye shot - nothing!! Robbins, black bass - no flatties that I could see. 2 ft ground swell. Bailed on that and went back in to work through the shorts to get a bunch of keepers. Thought I'd save someone the time by posting this. Or maybe I went on an off day? Checked some small spots that I've found out there on my own. Nothing there either.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
It was not any better out of Barnagat Light yesterday. We move around a lot but could not entice any flat ones. I am going to make a run to Little Egg Reef today after church and see if a day calmer seas will get them biting.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Saturday afternoon, I was trolling with my grandsons and son-in-law out by the Stone Beds and the Table Top, just bunch of small blues. It was a nice day, wind and weather wise.

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Also fished the GE Reef and caught a few throwbacks......sucks when you run 10 miles only to catch a few throwbacks that you pretty much could catch from the beach! Is this spot overrated? Fished it a few times with not much luck, I heard the AC is better for bigger flounder because the water is deeper, but its also further out!!!!

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Was not any better this afternoon. Hit L.E.R. and could only muster up 4 seabass. Where have all the flukies gone?

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
We were at the Avalon shoal and picked 2 keepers. One was about 4 lbs. Fished about 6 hours for 2 fish. Was gonna stay in the back but the heat and the greenheads talked us out of it.
Eight fish limit ,huh? How many guys got their limit this year? I got a limit catch 2 years ago and only did it once. If it weren't for stripers...I'd be sailin'

How's the fishing in Penasacola Fla.? Betcha can get a real good deal on a house thereabouts.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Fished the table top/ stonebeds/ Oc reef area for a few hours saturday afternoon, not a lot of boats out there caught several robins, two real nice sea bass about 3 lbs and NO fluke not even a short not even a bite resembling a fluke. It started to blow up and we took the 12 mile run back, where are all the GD fluke, this is by far my worst fluke year ever.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went to the back bay yesterday. 35 fish, 3 nice keepers. Strong bite for 2 hours. Guess I'll hold off on the reefs for a couple more weeks.

Up and Over, I've done much better at the AC. Lots of spread out small debris fields. Further out though. More gas money. But what's 4 extra miles when you go that far already?

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Underdog thats good for the back bays, maybe i'll stick inside until i hear of good catches out there, haven't heard much! Your right about AC, I think i'll just bypass the GE, seems a bit crowded anyway. Good luck

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Good job underdog, havent heard much yet out at AC but it has to turn on soon right? Glad to hear the keeper ratio is improving in the back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts