BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone clean out Garden & Alliance?! There aren't any trout around.. I'm beginning to wonder if they even stocked. :rolleyes: :confused:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
They stocked my friend, I caught 3 Sat, 2 at Garden, 1 at Alliance. I limited out on Sunday at Garden...BUT, they stocked 3 weeks ago today, and the fish are REALLY spread out down river. I came damn near wading to Alliance from Garden on Sunday to get my limit, if I hadnt hit too deep of a stretch I would have gone all the way. (Would have been alot easier than wading upstream all the way back....)

From what I have seen at the stocking points themselves, no one was doing much of anything, a fish or 2, thats it. I havent tried Almond yet, thinking about hitting it up tomorrow perhaps.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They stocked my friend, I caught 3 Sat, 2 at Garden, 1 at Alliance. I limited out on Sunday at Garden...BUT, they stocked 3 weeks ago today, and the fish are REALLY spread out down river. I came damn near wading to Alliance from Garden on Sunday to get my limit, if I hadnt hit too deep of a stretch I would have gone all the way. (Would have been alot easier than wading upstream all the way back....)

From what I have seen at the stocking points themselves, no one was doing much of anything, a fish or 2, thats it. I havent tried Almond yet, thinking about hitting it up tomorrow perhaps.
Yeah, I know they stocked, just my attempt at sarcasm. :eek:

When I was out Saturday afternoon, seemed fish were far and few inbetween.. I only saw one fish caught at Alliance while I was there besides the rainbow I caught. When I was gettin' there however, a guy was headin' out & he had 3. My dad said he only saw a few fish when he was out in the AM..Seemed the nicer fish caught were towards Mary Elmer.. We'll see.. It's still early.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
BassAssassin8 said:
Yeah, I know they stocked, just my attempt at sarcasm. :eek:

When I was gettin' there however, a guy was headin' out & he had 3.
I know bud, I was just teasin ya...

The young guy with 3, did he have on a pink Steelers hat, a white tee, and light colored waders? That was my nephew carryin my fish, poor guy got skunked, and now that his grades have come in, it will be the last time he goes out for trout this spring. :mad:

I was the short old fart in dark brown waders and a black hat about 3-5 min behind him.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe that was him..

I never saw you however.. I was fishin' to the right of the older gentleman who was in the main pool.. He was smokin' a cigar.. I was about 30 yards to the right of him kind of in the middle of the current wearin' a flannel & hip boots..What were you throwin' that day?

·
Registered
70 Posts
It is ridiculous how overfished certain spots are... Theres a tunnel around where i live. I have yet to see less then 10 people fishing the spot since opening day. You gotta crawl through the woods to get to the fish :p

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
On Sat I was throwing a purple body/silver blade 1/16oz roostertail. Sunday it was a yellow and black spotted/gold blade roostertail.

I'm walking to Alliance today with my neices (my truck blew a head gasket on Monday), prolly be there around 5 or so.

If ya wanna stop out there Bass, lemme know, and I'll bring that live bait bucket I have for ya.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry to hear about your truck.. I can't go fishin' tonight. I'm headin' out to Woodstown for something in a little while. Weather depending, I think I'm gonna go to Willow Grove on Saturday. I don't have any time tomorrow night or Friday night to go fishing. Jazz band/upcoming festival has been my number one priority..I'm busy to say the least haha.:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts