BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done some research on the Go Pro HD cameras but I'm still unsure of what package I need to shoot fishing videos. I want a package that I can use on the kayak. I would also like to shoot video on my boat and be able to drop the camera down and look around the water. Is there a pre-assembled package that has everything I need? Is the latest version of the Go Pro much better than the last to justify the price differnce?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I have done some research on the Go Pro HD cameras but I'm still unsure of what package I need to shoot fishing videos. I want a package that I can use on the kayak. I would also like to shoot video on my boat and be able to drop the camera down and look around the water. Is there a pre-assembled package that has everything I need? Is the latest version of the Go Pro much better than the last to justify the price differnce?
100% get the Motorsports edition. Comes with all the crucial mounts (suction, 3m tape, screw, etc).

I've got hours of great underwater fishing videos, works like a charm. Gonna pick up the TrollPro soon and throw it out in the spread.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
def buy the newer gopro hero 2.

2 packages are either the outdoors package or the motorsports package which both have alot of different accessories that you need for fishing.

I just bought the outdoors package and the handle bar mount for a pole to dip in the water. The motorsports package may work better for you but just check the list on what each has to offer.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I have the HD hero 2 with the chesty mount. Its really ood forcasting and plugging so I would imagine it to be perfect for kayak fishing, plus it came with 3m adhesive mounts which would work on the yak as well.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts

Much better - NO

Better and worth the money - yes.

Better low light condition (like underwater) shooting. More menu options with easier display, are two differentiators that I can thin of right off the bat. Ive used the old GoPro all last year while diving and loved it, but Im getting the new one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts