BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading down to Florida on Wedseday for 4 days of fishing. First day we are going out of the Miami area. The next three days we are out of Islamorada with 1 day in the shallows and 2 out front. Anyone been down there lately. I have been reading the reports and it sounds like the fishing has been decent. Will give a report and hopefully have some good pictures when I return!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Bri, you guys get blown out down there you're always welcome to try up here.
How's the schoolin goin?

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Wind, wind Wind, but when wind isn't blowing there has been a good bite reported down that way
buddy of mine got into Kings on Wednesday and
Big Jacks

I'm up in Naples,plenty of fish up here when wind isn't blowing just not real big
Biggest have been 10-12lb bonita ,few Spanish Macks ,Permit, Pompano and plenty of trout
Turn off the wind and you will catch plenty of fish

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Mr. Twister- we're heading down on the 28th ourselves. Gonna fish 3 days in Islamorada. Same as you- two days outside and hopefully, pray ,pray, pray 1 evening for Tarpon.

Please shoot me an email when you get back. I'd even like to talk to you about your trip by phone if possible. good luck!

Bucktail Willie- I was wondering why I didn't run into you at Barnfest. Hopefully we can wet a line together in 2005.

Ramblin- Howdie to you and give Rosie a kiss for me(is she down there?)

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Ramblin:
Bri, you guys get blown out down there you're always welcome to try up here.
How's the schoolin goin?
Thanks alot for the offer, hopefully the winds will die down a little and we can get some fish. School is going pretty well, acutally it is going by really fast. Midterms are in like 2 weeks and then I will be heading home for break. Really looking forward to this trip though, it is chilly up here in New England.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Partnership:
Mr. Twister- we're heading down on the 28th ourselves. Gonna fish 3 days in Islamorada. Same as you- two days outside and hopefully, pray ,pray, pray 1 evening for Tarpon.

Please shoot me an email when you get back. I'd even like to talk to you about your trip by phone if possible. good luck!
I definitely will. Hopefully I will have some good news for you.

[ 02-13-2005, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Twister ]

·
Registered
489 Posts
Looking at a few great days this week "79 today feels like 82" is the prediction. I am heading out for a couple hours at sun-up

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Me and Sanibelfisher are headed to Islamorada this wednesday until next wednesday. We rented a boat for three days, going to try to troll for sails or hit a couple of wrecks. Aside from that, I plan on fishing a few bridges or take out a canoe which is at the place where I am staying. Will be fishing dawn to dusk. Can't wait.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Esox1:
Aside from that, I plan on fishing a few bridges or take out a canoe which is at the place where I am staying. Will be fishing dawn to dusk. Can't wait.
You staying in Islamorada? We usually stay at the Chesapeake, but this year we are staying at the hampton inn cause we got a much better rate. Is this your first time down there?

543 Posts
You need to get out on the Yankee Capt when in the Keys. If you have the time to do a trip give Capt Greg a call. Him and Matt are the best and they blow the competition out of the water. The bottom fishing around the Tortugas is among the best anywhere in the US. Catch a few muttons and you won't care about tog, cod, pollock or any other northern bottomfish ever again.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Esox1:
Yes, Islamorada. Milemarker 75.5 the "Topsider". Yes, this is my first time. Give me a call if you are in the area cell 215-280-0267. My name is Ed.
You are going to have a great time. Pretty much all restaurants down there will cook your catch which is great after a long day on the water. I suggest you try some of the following places:

1.) Squid Row
2.) Lazy Dayz
3.) Lorelei
4.) Bentley's

For breakfast try either the Islamorada bakery or Mangrove Mike's, you will see alot of guides/fishermen in both every morning

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Thanks for the info. Twister. We decided to rent the boat for four days vs. three. The person who we rented it from gave us gps locations for netting ballyhoo, fishing for sails and wreck fishing. Should be interesting.
Keep in touch, my parents have a house on the bay in sea isle with a 20 foot grady and this is my brothers second year with his 26 foot triton. We hit allot of wrecks off of sea isle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.