BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I got out tonight and caught this big guy NSB. It was the only bite besides a few trout.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys it is a goliath grouper (Jew Fish) all 40+ lbs. I'm hoping to see him again in a few years and is big as vw. But need much heavier tackle for when that comes. :D

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Steve

That's a great fish !!!!!!!

I just got back from Gasparilla. Had the time of my life. It is official, I got my trophy Tarpon of a lifetime. We estimated her to be around 150-175 pounds. Got an amazing 3 to the boat for me over two days, highlights include me getting spooled by a Tarpon estimated at 200 pounds. We fished with the 2003 Boca Grande Tarpon champion. Got some trout pics coming in too.

Keep your fingers crossed, my camera died but should be getting e-mails from other guys soon which include a real nice video of me with the 150 poundah on the night trip. Will post as soon as I can

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice looking foward to seeing the pics. There was a lot of action in the water around south bridge. WHole lot of crab moving through water temp was 85. I would say it won't be long and we will have a chance at Tarpon here as well. :cool:

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Originally posted by snookmaster:
Very nice looking foward to seeing the pics. There was a lot of action in the water around south bridge. WHole lot of crab moving through water temp was 85. I would say it won't be long and we will have a chance at Tarpon here as well. :cool:
We are going do it for sure, I got the technique down, with the rig. I am hooked now, that is just one unbelievable fish. By far the biggest pull and power I have ever felt. The Tarpon without question is the Best Gamefish in the World.

We landed a 34 Cobia too Friday night in 6 feet of water, crazy isn't it ??

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool man I think we should be able to land one of those bad boys too. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts