BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading south in May to Mexico for some down time with the wife. We're going to Riviera Maya for the week and believe it or not, FISHING is on the list of things to do. The wife wants a few sails to add to her "fish caught" list. So May is prime season for Billfish, So I'm looking for a good boat to charter, X-Caret and Cozmel are near by. Anyone have some boats they have used in the past? All info is welcome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try the best in the area, Capt. Anthony Mendillo with Keen M sportfishing out of Isla Mujeres, worth the extra bit of travel to get there. He is one fishy dude, as are his crews, best sailfish/marlin guy in the entire Yucatan.

[email protected] website www.islamujeressportfishing.com/

Another good little known is out of Puerto Morelos, the El Cid marina fleet. Good boats that try very hard and usually produce on the billfish. Bilingual captains and mates, nice boats. www.elcid.com

There are many other places to visit, I own a villa down in Xcalak, which is an unspoiled paradise with world class flats, lagoon, reef, and offshore fishing(around a 5 hour drive from CUN airport. I have traveled extensively in the Yucatan, it is my favorite place in the world.

Pm me if you would like more info, happy to provide some lesser known adventures and insider tips.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
CaptDom said:
Try the best in the area, Capt. Anthony Mendillo with Keen M sportfishing out of Isla Mujeres, worth the extra bit of travel to get there. He is one fishy dude, as are his crews, best sailfish/marlin guy in the entire Yucatan.

[email protected] website www.islamujeressportfishing.com/

Another good little known is out of Puerto Morelos, the El Cid marina fleet. Good boats that try very hard and usually produce on the billfish. Bilingual captains and mates, nice boats. www.elcid.com

There are many other places to visit, I own a villa down in Xcalak, which is an unspoiled paradise with world class flats, lagoon, reef, and offshore fishing(around a 5 hour drive from CUN airport. I have traveled extensively in the Yucatan, it is my favorite place in the world.

Pm me if you would like more info, happy to provide some lesser known adventures and insider tips.
I'll second Anthony Mendillo,I fished with him a couple of times.He's got two boats ,a 40 footer and a 30' express.They'll find the fish for you.First time I fished with him he ran 40 miles offshore to find the fish.I caught 15 Sails that day .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts