BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the wife told me yesterday that she wants to go FISHING for our anniversery in april!!! 4-5 day trip, need lodging and guide? or a rental boat for free lancing? i am thinking the florida keys or louisiana gulf coast. salt water for sure, i would like a day of some blue water big game fishing.

we have been to islmorada on the flats of florida bay,for 3 days, about 10 yrs ago. had an excellant trip, but we had good friends living there at that time with their own boat. so the logistics thing was not a problem.

we have never gone on a so called" theme " vacation that didn't involve KIDS OR FAMILY!! so i am in need of some suggestions and guidance.

post up your ideas and advice!!!

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Chipmunk-
Is Cape May out of the question??
No tropical temps, but awesome accommodations with a bunnch of great restaurants, plenty to do, and the striper fishing should be in full gear by then.

Youcold put a great fishing package together with the advertisers right here on the Barn.

Happy Anniversary.

BTW- my wiffe and I spent our 15th Anniv. down in Key West- it was AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Wow,

That FREE stay in Hatteras with the use of either 21' parker or a 21' steiger isn't good onougth.

Man your Tough,

How about if I throw in a couple of BREAKFASTs at SONNYS Resraurant?? :D ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Chip,

Last months Field and Stream had an article in the "Places to Go" section. The article centered on fishing the everglades on a kayak. There is a water path through the glades that has accomodations (raised platforms) for camping. It sounded pretty cool, the article gave contacts for kayak rentals, maps and guides.

Good Luck and let us know where you go.

Joe

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
http://www.twoconchs.com/

I fished with this guy a couple years ago. He has lodging packages and just charters. His place is in Marathon, Fla. We caught lots of fish with him. Grouper, African pompano, yellowtail snapper, mutton snapper, jewfish :eek: (put them back) big nurse shark, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts