BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up The Art Of Surfcasting with Lures at the expo this past weekend.

Does anyone know any other books I should read?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
The Surfcaster's Guide to the Striper Coast by DJ Muller and Striper Surf by Frank Daignault

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
wentfishn47 said:
The Surfcaster's Guide to the Striper Coast by DJ Muller
This is my #1 choice for surf fishing. I actually keep the book in my truck at all times!;)

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
DJ's book is a must read.

Russ

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
wentfishn47 said:
The Surfcaster's Guide to the Striper Coast by DJ Muller and Striper Surf by Frank Daignault
i would add "the trophy striper" to frank's books as well. i read about seven books this winter and those were the top four for me.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thanks for your support guys,it is very much appreciated
I know I might sound like a broken record but I really am thankful for your support and for the fact that so many found my writing informative and entertaining.
Sell publishing and distributing a book is not something I've ever thought of doing but that how the cards fell and in many ways I am very thankful for that too.The book is in third printing after just four months in print,thanks to overwhelmingly positive reception in surf fishing community from VA to ME.

btw
If you can find "Surf fishing with Experts " (old tile by Bill Muller) ...good read although LI specific in some ways but a lot of good info

Sincerely

Zeno Hromin

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
"Striper Wars" by Dick Russell. Will make you a better all around fisherman in regards to conserving and protecting this valuble resource for future generations. A must read IMO.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Surf Fishing With Experts

zen said:
I know I might sound like a broken record but I really am thankful for your support and for the fact that so many found my writing informative and entertaining.
Sell publishing and distributing a book is not something I've ever thought of doing but that how the cards fell and in many ways I am very thankful for that too.The book is in third printing after just four months in print,thanks to overwhelmingly positive reception in surf fishing community from VA to ME.

btw
If you can find "Surf fishing with Experts " (old tile by Bill Muller) ...good read although LI specific in some ways but a lot of good info

Sincerely

Zeno Hromin
Great book Zeno. Thank You. I'll have to pick up "Surf Fishing With Experts" to add to my collection.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sent away for John Skinners' "A Season On The Edge" to read on vacation in April - started paging thru it last nite, well, I have to get another book for vacation, ended up reading the entire book - GREAT READING !!! HIGHLY recommended

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
SurfFishingBum said:
Hey Mike nice meeting you on Sunday.
Hey SurfBum, great meeting you also.

When you left Sunday, Jimmy 2screw and I were talking about the price of gas getting crazy. He was busting my chops, saying I would have to buy less expensive rods and change my name to Tsunamimike.:eek: Well by the time I left him Sunday, my name was Uglystickmike.:D:D

"Never happen":rolleyes:

Good time had by all. We should have a BB gathering next year at the Fishing Expo.;)

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
maine_sport said:
"Fly Fishing for Striped Bass," 457-page behemoth written by Massachusetts angler Rich Murphy and available from Amazon.com.
I have this book but its not completly a flyfishing book its has alot of stuff about tides moon stages currents etc... Great book!!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Not super Informative - but a great read nonetheless...

On The Run - An Angler's Journey Down the Striper Coast.

David Dibenedetto

Very interesting and entertaining. I read it in 2 days. :cool:

·
Banned
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
zen said:

btw

Sincerely

Zeno Hromin
Hey Zeno I picked up your book on Sunday and finished it Tuesday, what a great read I could not put it down.

·
Banned
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LamiglasMike said:
Hey SurfBum, great meeting you also.

When you left Sunday, Jimmy 2screw and I were talking about the price of gas getting crazy. He was busting my chops, saying I would have to buy less expensive rods and change my name to Tsunamimike.:eek: Well by the time I left him Sunday, my name was Uglystickmike.:D:D

"Never happen":rolleyes:

Good time had by all. We should have a BB gathering next year at the Fishing Expo.;)
Hey Mike, Atleast you didnt get as far as KmartMike. :D :D

·
Registered
436 Posts
SurfFishingBum said:
Hey Zeno I picked up your book on Sunday and finished it Tuesday, what a great read I could not put it down.
I took me a year to write it with just an index finger and you read it in two #%^&**[email protected]#$ days !!!!!:eek:

LMAO

Just kidding.
Glad you find my scribbling entertaining ,and maybe,just maybe a little educational.:eek:
Now go tell everyone about it.......oops ,you already did:D

Thanks
Now I got to go and ice my index finger:D

·
Registered
251 Posts
dante413 said:
"Striper Wars" by Dick Russell. Will make you a better all around fisherman in regards to conserving and protecting this valuble resource for future generations. A must read IMO.
I second that. The book was a real eye-opener for me. After reading it I had a much better appreciation of the threats the striper has faced (and still faces today) as well as the heroes who fought for the species. It's a great history lesson.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts