BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!

Joe C, Joe W, and myself decided to take a run out today to do some scouting after last week's filthy water made catching a difficult task.

Winds were blowing east to southeast around 15 knots, water was calm with a light chop, and temps were in the mid 40's. Air temps were pretty chilly with the overcast conditions and 40 degree temps. Water was murky, but immaculate compared to last week's dirt. Got on scene and after some waiting, Joe W got bit and pulled the hook on the first one! Shortly there after, Joe hooked up again and boated the first bass of '08!!! A schoolie, but a nice healthy fish! Next up, I finally got a bite and put the hook in another fat schoolie bass! Then, Joe! We gave it some more time, but this bite dried up. We ran around a bit and started seeing some real good marks on the machine. We started fishing and within five minutes I got slammed and set the hook on bass #1 at this spot. Lady luck was on my side, as I made my next cast and WHAM! Fish #2 hit and was on deck. The action really picked up and over the next fifteen minutes we had drop n' reel bassing with some fish coming tight, others missed, and a few coming unbuttoned! We had our first double header, too, we Joe W and myself boating bass simultaneously! It was REALLY nice to see some action! We ended up getting ~20 bites, and boated 9 bass! No keepers, but some fun action on some nice, healthy schoolie fish! Running home, we marked some serious piles up fish! Over the next few days, it is going to bust wide open!

Tomorrow and Thursday look crappy. We're chartered Friday and booked Saturday, but have openings all next week. Call to get onboard for the first bass of the season!!!

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Yoooooooooooo- where Ya going with them little puppies??:D

Good job cappy

·
Banned
1,057 Posts
Thats great Adam, by the way. what location were you fishing:D

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Got em on

Those Spring Bass are no match for the C brothers.

Joe C....the real man,myth,legend.

Way to go boys. You got my blood up now.

I'll be sniffin around next week Skipper.

Catch em up.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Adam.....it was only a matter of time.

You guys knew where they would be, they just weren't ready to bite until now.

Good job as usual.

·
Registered
19,549 Posts
Yay!!!!

I've been waiting for that report Adambomb, Thank you.:D

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys! Thanks!!!

Josh - they're starting up! Should be really good very soon!!!!!

George - nice fish you had! It was good action today, and should be red hot with water cleaning/warming up.

Steve, let me know when you want to get out there!

Marine Tom, it's going to be a GREAT spring!! :)

·
Registered
77,409 Posts
Good post Adam. Nice post to start the day with.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts