BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i sent my ocen jigger out to alan in cali... don't know if anyone knows him.. he put new drags in for me and lubed the whole reel.. took it apart looked over a few things put a new spring in that was needed and sent it back.. i sent it last wed and i have it back today.. wow that was fast being way out in cali.. if anyone needs his info let me know.. by his self now he does about 1000-1200 reels a yr.. my reel feels better then it did brand new.. drag system that has a life of the reel warrenty.. i'm very pleased with his service's

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
phillyfishing said:
well i sent my ocen jigger out to alan in cali... don't know if anyone knows him.. he put new drags in for me and lubed the whole reel.. took it apart looked over a few things put a new spring in that was needed and sent it back.. i sent it last wed and i have it back today.. wow that was fast being way out in cali.. if anyone needs his info let me know.. by his self now he does about 1000-1200 reels a yr.. my reel feels better then it did brand new.. drag system that has a life of the reel warrenty.. i'm very pleased with his service's
Philly,

I clean and fix reels myself, breaking down right side plates on conventional reels is by no means easy, but once you get the hang of it, it's simple. Ever think about learning how to break down and re-assemble your own reels? I am not trying to stop you from sending reels to alan, but if you have the free time in my opinion it is worth it, and you save a ton of money :)

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
flyerphan13 said:
Philly,

I clean and fix reels myself, breaking down right side plates on conventional reels is by no means easy, but once you get the hang of it, it's simple. Ever think about learning how to break down and re-assemble your own reels? I am not trying to stop you from sending reels to alan, but if you have the free time in my opinion it is worth it, and you save a ton of money :)
i would love to learn but the bad thing is i'm not good with things like that.. would hate to lose a small spring or something that is needed

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
phillyfishing said:
i would love to learn but the bad thing is i'm not good with things like that.. would hate to lose a small spring or something that is needed

I am nervous of losing parts, too. I figure I am going to buy a cheap conventional reel at a yard sale to practice, if I lose something, oh well.

K

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Try using your home video camera to help you with keeping track of what goes where... you can set it up on your bench and then play it back for re-assembly....

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fmTuna said:
Try using your home video camera to help you with keeping track of what goes where... you can set it up on your bench and then play it back for re-assembly....
i thought about taking pic's

i mean on a big cheep reel i can try.. but a 350-400 ocean jigger i rather send it out :)

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
phillyfishing said:
i thought about taking pic's

i mean on a big cheep reel i can try.. but a 350-400 ocean jigger i rather send it out :)
Philly,

maybe on a boring rainy day we can meet up, I'll show you how to break down something on the easy side like a Penn 330gti, or Senator. It is not as hard as you think :rolleyes:

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
flyerphan13 said:
Philly,

maybe on a boring rainy day we can meet up, I'll show you how to break down something on the easy side like a Penn 330gti, or Senator. It is not as hard as you think :rolleyes:
that will be cool.. hey you doing anything this weekend.. think about hitting pennypack

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
phillyfishing said:
that will be cool.. hey you doing anything this weekend.. think about hitting pennypack
besides flyers playoff hockey and phillies not sure yet, got to talk with the misses, it may be spring cleaning weekend :( . Where at in Pennypack, pine rd??

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
flyerphan13 said:
besides flyers playoff hockey and phillies not sure yet, got to talk with the misses, it may be spring cleaning weekend :( . Where at in Pennypack, pine rd??
nah i was at holm ave the other day.. killed em pretty good :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts