BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know when I get good conditions I know I have a real good shot of catching flounder and today it was a very good day to drift for fluke. With the water still dirty up the bay I decided to fish south today where the water is much cleaner. I got on the fluke and stayed on them all day. We fished the flood tide and some of the out going tide. It did not seem to matter which tide was better as long as the current was moving. It was a steady pick of fluke and bluefish. We used the bluefish and some minnow for bait as we fished in 18 to 24 foot of water. The water temperture was 74 degrees. We ended up catching 14 fluke to 23 inches and 25 bluefish. It was a very nice day out on the bay. If you did not catch any fluke today you should have.;) I had Slammer and Weakfish fish near me today and they even caught fluke, but I think my crew was giving them lessons.:D

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
nice fish. to bad you ruined the picture with that nj devils shirt though. nice job otherwise . bb

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Great pictures and great report. Nice to see the fluke action picking back up again. Save some for me for the late summer.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
dang !

it always seems when i got a week togo you guys catch fish block, i bet next week ill be dead:D sure i'm off work then!

nice catch crew! out fished slammer?:) yikes
hey block you can tell they were stack in the cooler with the color change that one looks like a calaco:D you need a bigger cooler with more ice..

freedom ots.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Way to put a hurtin on um Capt.Block. I was thinking what a nice day to drift for flatties. I'm glad somebody got in on it.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
freedom said:
nice catch crew! out fished slammer?:) yikes
freedom ots.
Yeah and these guys never caught flounder before.:eek: It is much more of a challenge to put guys on fish that don't know how to catch fluke.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Nice Job! ;)

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Good Job, Capt Block. Your crew looks like a happy bunch. Way to go.

·
Registered
790 Posts
No Croakers!

Hey Capt. Block we got on them later afternoon & bingo - slammmed the fish frantically w/ big Fluke 23" & 22" mixed in. I had to make a educated guess in order to find them. I see you got on them before me. I wish I would have made the move sooner, will be out there again soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
good job!

wow.!! thats great..i haven't had luck all summer..i can't seem to find the fluke.

could u give me some help?? lol..i swear i use the wrong bait.
where where u fishing??

GREAT JOB!!:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts