BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
of stripers being caught in the river along with marking fish too.... there here.. but the water is cold.. im goig to bet that adam and skippy post a report of fish caught by next week in the bay

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Was out Saturday marked some but too windy to actually fish hard like I wanted. Hoping for a Friday and Saturday try again this week. Heard of some keeper sized fish around

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Ship John water temps are at 37.6 degrees........maybe some resident local fish got hungry but still way too cold water temps. According to my fishing log, the coldest water temps I have caught stripers in has been 42 degrees. Not saying that there is an exact science but outgoing tide on shallow flats might produce some schoolies

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
I believe we still have a few weeks, before we see any infusion of migating fish. Water is just too cold. All the fish being caught now are residents and very few are legal.

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know a lot of people focus on water temps.. but sometimes the stripers just want to move and know where to go... i would bet with a few warm days on the flats in the bay it will be on.. from the pics of my buddies finder i seen quite a few fish

1 - 8 of 8 Posts