BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished up north with the brother-in-law. Rocky bottom off Longbranch. We got 9 nice keeper fluke to 3 1/2 lbs. Lost a few rigs to bite-offs by big blues. We had just about every bait imaginable: fluke ribbons, sand eels, killies, spearing, and herring strips. Seems that good ole fluke strips and spearing were the best choice. Gonna do it again one day next week.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
SWEET!!!!!! Nice job! Im gettin some in about 5 minutes

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Not to get nosy Hip, but I aint had some in a while. Could you PLEASE e-mail some numbers? I know, the "spot" thing again! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
LMAO....I have a single cousin

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Nice report, thanks.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Hip. I wanted to do a little jigging last night too but my partner said no. I can't understand it. We must have used the same line, but it's all in the presentation I guess. When I came home I said, "Hey baby, me sooo lucky... me clean fish long time." Then she said I would have to wait for the right tide. How'd she know that. She don't fish.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hip, tell me do all of your single cousin's boyfriends practice tag-and-release?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Logic186. :eek: Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, but I am on vacation and have been very busy this week. We stopped near the buoy at the mouth of shark river on the way back in and found the area to be full of bunker with big blues chasing them. In about 45 minutes, we got bit off about a half dozen times. All of a sudden both rods would bend in half till the fish chomped down on the line and broke off. We never got to land any of them. Should have put wire leader on.

·
Registered
789 Posts
No problem DUDE. We saw some blues up on the surface very briefly, unitl a couple of boats ran thru them. I will definely check the area around the inlet the next time were out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts