BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys:

Had an open trip with Frank, Lou, Ashley, Ken, Sam, and Tom aboard the AB3. Forecast of 5 to 10 was a bit off, with 15 plus the reality. That being said, we shoved off in partly cloudy conditions enroute for the bassing grounds. On the way to spot #1, marked a BIG pile of fish on the recorder. Set up, and within a couple minutes, Frank was on fish #1. We got them going real good here for the next hour and a half, with numerous doubles and triples. Towards mid tide, the bite died and we made a move closer to our original destination. A couple boats had a good bite going here as we did where we stopped, but this bite had also subsided. We set up and picked a half dozen more fish out of this area, but the fish didn't snap like they did earlier. We had nearly 30 bass for the morning, with the biggest being 26" and most fish 24" to 26". Light tackle makes for a lot of fun!

We have openings this week, so give us a call!

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
stink or plastic :D

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
nice goin bombino, see ya later this month

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vinny, stink. Don't know what's going on with the plastic bite. :confused:

Stevie, see ya then!

Kev, they'll be here! :)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Adam,
Tried to reach you on the radio today but you must not have been near me. I was out from 8:30 - noon. I must have missed the memo because there wasn't ANYONE near me and I was where they have been catching for the last week.:confused: Maybe I need to check the VHF unit:( . Good job on the catch. I only had one fish today but not worth mentioning.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mayhem, there were three other boats fishing the same area I was and all caught good. 1 keeper between us at 35", and also an early drum. I usually don't monitor the radio all that often.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I usually don't monitor the radio either but thought i would try to see if any one was doing better then i was. I'm thinkin 18' was too deep. Had 50 degrees for water temp. And yes the w#$% was a little more than 5-10.

·
Registered
168 Posts
LOOKS like the fish are sure getting a nice mudbath this spring.:mad:

Rain and wind again this weekend, keep after them and thank you for the reports.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mary c said:
LOOKS like the fish are sure getting a nice mudbath this spring.:mad:

Rain and wind again this weekend, keep after them and thank you for the reports.
mary c, the bay was nice yesterday! Pretty nasty today, but shouldn't make the water too bad. It's been notably cleaner.

mayhem, you have mail.

Thanks guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts