BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AS POSTED ON SCOTTS KEEPERS ARE NOW AT GP FOR THE TAKING.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Yep,Here it is....

Nice Catch Lenny,,,,

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I don't think Lenny has stopped smiling since.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
He must of shaved and showered for that pic. He usually looks a tad more PINEY. Nice catch Lenny!!

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OH BOY this will upset some of the oldtimers who the think gp is ther private spot. i have been there via walking and boat and have heard many complaints that some guys seem to think gp is all theirs. they have lambaisted scotts and the barn for telling where thier secret spot is.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Well I guess they got some new blood to pick on! Although I knew of it before there was a Scotts or a Barn. Just didn't get to fish it much then cause I was a kid! As long as you clean up after yourself there should be no complaints by anyone. I wonder who owns that land? I think the state but you never know for sure, Imagine if they just kept building the condos straight back too it. Then it would only be accessable by boat! Then what would those old timers do?

·
Registered
790 Posts
BottomBouncer... your absolutely correct... that area has not been a secret in many years... The land is now owned by the Feds as part of the Forsythe Wildlife Refuge. They bought it from Little Egg Harbor a few years ago.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I spend a lot of time there in the spring. Once you get to know the so called old timers they are all pretty cool. 4 or 5 years ago I cut my teeth down there watching these guys catch fish. After a while you get know the regulars and it's a fun place to fish.
I look forward to it every spring. When the blues gnats and greenheads move in I am gone till next spring.

[ 04-05-2005, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: A Frayed Knot ]

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I still love it down there. Mystic is where I cut my teeth as well. Been down there since I was born. Lucky enough to have had an Aunt and Uncle who lived on the water and just wanted everyone to experience it and have fun. Unfortunately they are gone now but I will always remember them and that town fondly. Keep my boat at Ricks now thought many times of taking it down to the big pond but just can't seem to break away from tradition!

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by BottomBouncer:
I still love it down there. Mystic is where I cut my teeth as well. Been down there since I was born. Lucky enough to have had an Aunt and Uncle who lived on the water and just wanted everyone to experience it and have fun. Unfortunately they are gone now but I will always remember them and that town fondly. Keep my boat at Ricks now thought many times of taking it down to the big pond but just can't seem to break away from tradition!
Where is Ricks? Is it Rands?

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RANDS IS ON WHAT THEY CALL 7 BRIDGES RD. ON RIGHT SIDE BEFORE 1 LANE BRIDGE.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts