BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a lowrance mark 4 at dicks for my new boat,are these hard to install? should I let marina do or is this something that is doable?It seems to be pretty basic but before I start I would like some info. Thank you

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
tcamp, please don't take this wrong. Are you mechanically inclined.

If you can turn a screwdriver and connect a couple wires you'll be fine. Follow the instructions, look at youtube too,

you'll have a power wire and a transducer wire that screws into the head unit.

·
Banned
3,874 Posts
Pretty simple install job if you can do basic work.
The only part that may be tricky is the transducer...I'm assuming its a transom mount? Search google/youtube for placement and how to install properly.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Snap a pic of the transom and post. I'm sure you'll get a lot of input on placement. I installed an HDS system on my last boat with two HDS 5's network and structure. Not hard. Plan it out before you drill and seal all holes with 3M 4200 or 5200. Use heat shrink or boots on all connections with dielectric grease to keep corrosion out. If you are in marina they may be touchy about outside guys doing work on your boat in their yard.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
If its a basic mark 4 and your not to concerned with temp and your hull is not foam cored you can just stick the transducer in a wad of duc seal putty in the bilge. They say the hd and side scan models need to be in the water but I know a couple guys who are shooting them through the hull and are happy with the results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.