Registered
31,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont know who he is but if you lookat his comments
on the 1994 grady white for sale i cant imagine him having to many friends

·
Registered
93 Posts
Friends are plentiful and life is good.Dig a little deeper into the motor and you'll see
my side of the story.Problems continued well
after 01 and Bombadier isn't backing them up.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Even thought I hate outboards..

I know a few bad apples don't spoil the bunch. ;)

[ 02-03-2005, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: Capt. Joe Haase ]

·
Registered
31,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SOUNDS TO ME LIKE GRADY LADY IS A LOST SOUL.
your taking your neighbors bad experiance and running with it. i guess you never bought anything thats had problems in your perfect little world.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I own a pair of 2000 200 HP and its people with that mind set that have made it a nightmare for me to sell (in addition to a lousy broker). I have dug deeper, I have talked to countless, dealers and mechanics over the last 3 years. Yes there have been alot of bad experiences and I will attest to that, but not every engine was affected. Last time at the mechanic they had a clean bill of health.

·
Registered
53 Posts
In the early nineties ficht engines had problems with engines,at least in N.C. where I lived,caused by slow trolling for kings with higher horse motors and Evinrude rectified and stood behind them.I have not heard of any great problems before and after new owner.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sorry Phish, I must have touched a deep sore nerve for you to be sending me private threatening e-mails.Let's let the subject die
and talk about happier things like the coming
of spring or something.

·
Registered
31,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just to clear the air here. grady lady did send an email apology. there were emails from me to him
explaining how i am try to help a sick friend sell his boat.i never threatened anyone. i had some harsh words but that is all. now we can end these stupid barbs between us and carry on.
if i offended anyone with any of my comments my apologies.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Not to take Gradyladys side or nothing but everything I read about FICHTs was that was the reason OMC is no more....
But hey Im using an Optimax on my Mako...... so who am I to judge about POS marine issues.......

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
FICHT is the reason that OMC is no more, it doesnt mean that they are all bad. If I didnt own 2 of them, I would probably think the same thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts