BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out Yesterday with a buddy and after an all day affair behind WW and CM, the payoff was sweet. Got 2 flatties in WW followed by a 22" trout at the bottom of the ebb on a flounder rig. We then proceeded to the CM inlet where the birds and blues were in full force and picked up a couple blues. I told my buddy that all that was needed was a bass to complete the slam, and at that point I wasn't stopping. The winds laid down an hour before sunset and I managed to grab a 23" bass on a white bucktail tipped w/ pink finess. Smoked a fat stogie and watched the sunset before we called it a complete & fun day on the water ;) . striper13

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Now that's a day of fishing :cool:

Great report!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Good stuff...Congrats No better feeling than looking in to your cooler and having 4 or 5 different types of fish...Pretty rewarding to say the least....Pazman

·
Registered
5,592 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Got my slam last weekend. We were fishing a fresh water lake driking adult beverages and throwing meal worms and minnows. I got a a bunch of perch to 15 inches, several nice fat bluegill, managed a 19" bass and then a 19" pickerel. My brother in law says all you need is a catfish now and you have the slam. Last cast - you got it a fat little catfish. We high fived and giggled like a girl. So I now how good it feels

I have had the slam several times in saltwater but only once when all fish went into the box. A true slam.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I think it was the weakie that got me motivated. Seems like anymore they are the toughest to find and catch. So, once we landed the trout, it was pure motivation to complete the slam.....13

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Hey 13, I think I hate ya-----only kidding, I just posted about not being there and your grandslaming---wow---that does sound like a great day, congrats, I'd love to duplicate that tomarrow or thursday or whenever. Thanks for the incentive, I'm going to try my Arz off to do it. GREAT REPORT!!!!!!

·
Registered
904 Posts
My kind of day including the stogie!Great job! :D

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
i got my first ( and only) grandslam a few years ago ,, flounder first ,, on a pinkie ,, than a quick weakie,, started me thinking about the slam ,, than moved picked up a bunch of blues ,, thought it was gonna be another 3/4 slam nite ,, but managed a slot striper ,, i don't believe its that easy to do ,, at least for me its not

·
Registered
40 Posts
Striper13, I guess being worried about length is a constant distraction for someone?!? You should consider yourself fortunate you didn't mention how many rings that cigar was. :D Well done on the slam. Good luck out west.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts