BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the outgoing tide down in Grassy Sounds area between 50 cent bridge and causeway bridge. Had one quick runoff and that was it. We had a good spot but we had someone drop anchor 15' off our stern I think this may have hurt us. Thanks to Fred @ No Bones he took the time to give us some new back bay spots to try around Grassy Sound. We didnt catch today but we know the bellys work good from other trips. Looking forward to chunking the lumps off the beach in the coming weeks. Hope the guys in the rentals did better then us. Did anyone else have luck in Grassy Sounds LAST (sorry to the english majors) weekend? Thanks again Fred.

[ 11-15-2005, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Fish4Life ]

·
Registered
262 Posts
This weekend's not here yet !! Sorry,F4L, couldn'y resist. I'll be fishing off my dock this weekend, see you out there. What's the name of your boat? Listen to Fred, he knows those waters like no one else. I've been out next to him trying to do what he does.....he puts on a minnie, I put on a minnie....he jigs a bucktail, I jig a bucktail. He scratches his head and pulls in a keeper and I'm still scratching my head. What's up with that ??? lol He is fun to watch !

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Fred is Da Man! I will probably be messing around there again this weekend. I fish on a couple different boats down there a 23' Robalo W/A and a 21' Triumph with red T-Top.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Ya think that hurt ya huh? ;) I know someone who stayed awfully calm through that!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What can I say I am calm cool and collective. It must be all my training and patience that I have learned offshore for white marlin.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Saturday morning, outgoing tide, flat and calm as can be but not a single hit. I was eeling and jiging the creek but nothing at all. Sure was a nice day though. Went back Sunday afternoon to try and clam some up and again not a nibble. One more weekend left for me and then the boat comes out. Hope its a good one.

·
Registered
16,324 Posts
Dan, you'll get em next time bud! looks like another one and done fall season for me. The tourney was it again this year. Got commitments this weekend then it's hunting the next 3 and the contract date to pull the boat is the 12th. looking forward to doing some tog fishing this winter though!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know still alot of stripers around to be caught just dont think this year in the back has been as good as the last couple of years. Its always tough with stuff going on during the year. In the summer I just tell people I wont be at any parties. They understand. When are you buying the ring? lol

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Whatevermakesyouhappy,
It is Sean from down at Stu's. I haven't been down much this year if at all. How are thing with you?

GSBB

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hey Sean it's Ed, how are you ? didn't see much of you this summer. Summer was too fast with too few fish. And Fish4Life, sorry for breaking your shoes. Good luck this weekend, hope its nice>

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Ed,
I knew it was you when I saw the screen name. I haven't been down cuz I had bought a house in Lansdale in Dec of 04 and was working on it all summer and couldn't get into helping Stu to much with his place there in Grassy. I also have a baby on the way to so I didn't want to leave the wife to much this fall. I had heard it wasn't a great year of fishing. I got out a few times this year mostly surf fishing. My email is under my profile. Let me know if things get hot down there I will make a visit if I can.

GSBB (Sean)

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
It's just starting. Tried this morning in the wind. Had trouble anchoring up. Moved around the corner of the bridge and blocked some of the wind. Three shorts and still a bunch of blueclaws.

With this cold front in place for a week it should heat up. Water temps need to drop about 6 degrees to put the fish where they should be.

Under the lights on Tuesday there were hundreds of stripers in the twelve inch range chasing shiners around. Blueclaws and little rats confirm that the water is still too warm.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the heads up Fred. I am sure I will be in for more bellys soon. I like setting up on the lumps off the beach with them. But cant stand those doggies! Going on a charter with badfinger fri pm. Take Care

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Dan...I still have a whole bag in the freezer...Are you staying down he whole weekend?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes......I am going to fish with my buddy Ed fri morning till 10:30 then go on the charter at 12ish. I will be helping George winterize the boat over the weekend and take the offshore gear, life raft etc off. Give me a call maybe I will have time to get out fishing with you. Even if its at nite. The bridges can be good this time of the year.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I think sunday is going to be my day...i call you sat...good luck on the charter

·
Registered
262 Posts
Fished off of my dock on Sat. Tons of boats anchored up along the banks but didn't see anyone reaching for their nets. I did manage to catch 3 shorties, 22,18 and 22 again. Man, you gotta love that Grassy Sound Channel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts