BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone here who DOESN'T think Graveling Point is the best early striper spot around. I'm hearing a lot about GP as the go-to spot for March bass but I'm more familiar with Cape May. Should I stick with Cape May for this weekend or try GP?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Me thinks the place is horrible. I would stay in Cape May if I were you. ;)

·
Registered
32,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very good advice :D :D . Since there are no fish there, everyone should go somewhere else ;)
. There are no fish in Cape May either. All the stripers are in Pittsburgh this time of year :D .

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Truth of the matter is that as good as GP can be, it is almost as much about access as it is to being a "hot spot". I have spent many...MANY a spring day freezin my chops at GP with nothing to show..but it is relativly easy to get to...as is it's close neighbor, Pebble Beach

If you can find a spot where a river or big tidal canal come past a big sodbank as it pours warmer water into the bay, you can have your very own private Graveling Point... if you find it, and get to it, drop me an e-mail.. I'll meet you there ;)

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
hmmmm

how bout the cricks, err, creeks that dump into the bay? bidwells ditch, the canal, the maurice, even diaz creek, is there a rockpile there?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts