BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not entirly true, after the fog lifted at noon and the sun came out and the w**d died down, it was kind of nice out there...

...but there was no catching going on.. drowned some bloods, saw Scott & Crew at the B&T, tied a few rigs and drank too much coffee.. oh yeah, GREAT breakfast at Beverly's... did I mention no fish? :(

[ 03-05-2004, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: fmTuna ]

G

·
Ed,
sounds like a good time to me. i'll be hitting the Point next week. has the creek changed at all? the one ya have to cross. i heard a couple guys had small bites but nothing confirmed. i think someone will pull a short from there this weekend. if ya go and are getting small hit's then its most likely winter flounder. i have been taking some winter flounder rigs with me and the past few years i have caught a few from there. i have caught stripers, white perch, winter flounder, and catfish :eek: from there early in the spring.
Nick

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nick.. we got there about 10:15a with 2:30 low and we didn't need waders to cross the creek.. the sand bar is built up pretty good and runs very tight to shore... don't have to take that long, strange waist-deep walk.. at least until the next storm I guess..

Truth of the matter is we probably could have bought 1 worm each..no nibbles, flounder, perch or otherwise...

There were 3 other guys out there.. their story was the same as ours.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I was out there late yesterday afternoon with the same results. A few of the guys I talked to on the way out claimed to have had hits right before the sun was going down. I am going out today for the last 3 hours of the out going tide.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AFK.. we stayed until the tide died at 2:30 and when we split there was just one guy left on the point, passed one guy on his way out when we were going in... was that you?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Nope it was not me but I was there this afternoon for another skunk tough.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I am going to wait until after the next coldfront passes thru this week before giving it a shot again... maybe next Sunday or Monday after the warm up happens again.. :(

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I went back today and got one hit and then 21 inch short. It was great to rid myself of the skunk. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts