BASS BARN banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts
There is a nice area before the 5th bridge. It is about a 100 yards on the left hand side before the bridge. I have seen small boats lauched there and it would be perfect for a yak.

A Frayed Knot said:
There is a nice area before the 5th bridge. It is about a 100 yards on the left hand side before the bridge. I have seen small boats lauched there and it would be perfect for a yak.
that's perfect thanks! Anyone up for a dawn patrol?

Johnny Boy has jokes.:eek: I think you are just mad because you got outfished 15 keepers to 4. What did it cost you anyway? Thats right 75 bucks. Big Red and I have one thing in common. WINNING:p :D :D

hold up now....

I'm going to put up a better picture after the end of the week.... i think it will look better on the grady with that new etec behind both of us.... i have to agree with andy though. never looked at him that way...John.... If you wanna go on saturday and you can behave you can join us. Rick hasnt been on the boat since the repower... he's gonna fall in love! anyway we will be at chestnut neck 6:00 departure. I'm calling them tomorrow to have them put it in the water for sat morning...JIM

Wedneday went out to the LE Reef, we were the first boat there, first drift, George picked up a nice 22 incher, 4.5 lber. Next drift he picked up a couple of 18's and a short. I was skunked the first couple drifts, changed to a top/bottom rig, and hooked up with a 25 inch, 6.25 lber, and a short. We had to head in early due to work concerns. 7 fish, 4 keepers, thats a pretty good ratio.

Fished along the beach today with my son. The dramameen(sp) put him to sleep and I was on my own. It was skatesville for the 1st 2 hours. When the wind picked up I got 15 shorts and 3 keepers to 4.5lbs. Gave up early because 10 oz was barely holding and I heard there were few tstorms to the north of me.

Great Bay Info

Hi, I"m thinkin of moving my slip to the Great Bay area next year. I"m trying to get a handle on the fishing. Is it good? How hard/easy is it to run thru the Beach Haven/Little Egg Inlets? Do you have to make the trip to the Absecon Inlet to get in and out safely? How are the offshore structures? Any word would be nice.

Thanks,

Zeusman

Im in Tuckerton Creek, the bad news is it takes 45 minutes to get to the inlet, the good news is the slip is only $500 a year. There is a quicker way, but I am not familiar enough with it to keep from running aground. LOL

A Frayed Knot said:
Johnny Boy has jokes.:eek: I think you are just mad because you got outfished 15 keepers to 4. What did it cost you anyway? Thats right 75 bucks. Big Red and I have one thing in common. WINNING:p :D :D

B.B.:D

Calm down, relax bro, I was only joking. Did I hit a nerve? :D

I am not mad about 75 bucks, I wouldn't play the game if I didn't have the beans. I don't care who catches the fish, All I care about is putting fish in the box because at the end of day we are splitting our catch.
You had the hot hand that day, a great day of catching fish, but what you fail to realize is the CAPTAIN put you on the fish.

It's all Good, save your beans because every dog has it's day.:)

Whiskers said:
Im in Tuckerton Creek, the bad news is it takes 45 minutes to get to the inlet, the good news is the slip is only $500 a year. There is a quicker way, but I am not familiar enough with it to keep from running aground. LOL
It's not that much quicker but if you know the way it can be an easier ride and there is less traffic. You have to stay within 100 ft of the sod banks and it changes every year. I've been using that channel most of my life. I used to live right at the end of Tuckerton Creek in the white house with the greenhouse on the side.

Lets see know. The captain was an hour and 5 minutes late, we ran out of gas on the ICW, the captain got sick 3 times and he failed to put any fish in the box. All in all it was a good day. I caught 4 keepers to 4lbs and 1 short. I also caught a huge doggie that fought like a fluke. I thought I had my 1st doormat but it was just a dog. And yes the inlet was a bit rough.

?

Whiskers said:
Whiskers, I'm looking at a slip along the creek, is that the Little Egg Inlet? How is the fishing on avg?

Gary

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.