BASS BARN banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts
zeusman said:
Whiskers, I'm looking at a slip along the creek, is that the Little Egg Inlet? How is the fishing on avg?

Gary

The fishing is good. There is good fishing in the early spring for stripers in the mouth of the river. The early fluking in the bay can be quite good. LEI is easy to navagate and LER is a fairly short run to some good fishing. The fall usally has a nice run of stripers. Check out Captain Mikes they are less then a 10 minute ride to the inlet.

With all the rain this week do not forget to check on you boats. I went down today and ran my motor and bilge pump. I also bailed 70 or so gallons out of my fish boxes that are not self bailing.:eek:

Hold Up A Minute!!!!!

Lets see know. The captain was an hour and 5 minutes late, we ran out of gas on the ICW, the captain got sick 3 times and he failed to put any fish in the box. All in all it was a good day. I caught 4 keepers to 4lbs and 1 short. I also caught a huge doggie that fought like a fluke. I thought I had my 1st doormat but it was just a dog. And yes the inlet was a bit rough.

JohnnyD wouldn't even go out until i went out , the daring person that i am! We had to tell him it was ok to come out and play! At least i went out into the ocean as there where 36 foot boats turning around because it was so rough! I do believe that many charters cancelled that day do to the weather. I only puked 2 times.... and yes it happens to all! Once or twice a year isnt that bad!
With 4-8 ft waves it happens. And i did make it in and out of the north cut without a problem. Still put Rick (frayed) on fish even though i only caught a few. And as for me running out of gas was because someone at the marina stole 1/2 a tank!!!!!

beer guy said:
frayed not what marina are u coming out of, first year in tuckerton , looking foward to fall strippers?
I fish out of Captain Mikes. It won't be long now.:) :)

MAFISHERMAN said:
JohnnyD wouldn't even go out until i went out , the daring person that i am! We had to tell him it was ok to come out and play! At least i went out into the ocean as there where 36 foot boats turning around because it was so rough! I do believe that many charters cancelled that day do to the weather. I only puked 2 times.... and yes it happens to all! Once or twice a year isnt that bad!
With 4-8 ft waves it happens. And i did make it in and out of the north cut without a problem. Still put Rick (frayed) on fish even though i only caught a few. And as for me running out of gas was because someone at the marina stole 1/2 a tank!!!!!
Don't be to hard on Johnny he was only poking some fun at you. John is pretty good at putting me on the fish. Even if (like you) he does not catch any fish.:eek: :D :D :D

Whiskers said:
Im in Tuckerton Creek, the bad news is it takes 45 minutes to get to the inlet, the good news is the slip is only $500 a year. There is a quicker way, but I am not familiar enough with it to keep from running aground. LOL
What place in the creek has a slip for 500 bucks?I have a 20'er,send me an email with that info )

MAFISHERMAN said:
here is one of the picturesfrom a few weeks ago....JIM

I like this picture better even if it is 30 something years old. My dad took this photo over 30 years ago on Great Bay and emailed to me this week. Until recently I had never seen it before. Man it brought memories of the good ole days.

Secrets out, Tuckerton/greatbay is turning into Ocean city.:(

My step dad who is 75 tells me of stories of when the fish factory was running, and the great fishing back then and how bad the factory smelled.

Zeusman, I am at the GEB Marina off Green Street. I know for a fact he will have an opening in the spring. One of the older guys is selling his boat for health reasons.
Sorry it took so long to get back, been in the mountains working on the deer camp.

I fished hard today. Hit several spots on the ocean and caught the skunk. Other then snagging some bunker on the way out I took the o-fer. The seas were nice but I guess it will take a few days for it to sort itself out. I did get to meet Vitalsigns and his crew for the first time. Nice meeting you. When I returned to the dock and finished loading the truck and cleaned up a bit I asked one of the rampers how he did as he was going by my boat. He tells me they got a couple fluke. I told him I could not by a fish today. He replies very curtly that he went outside. Some peoples attitudes just make want to scream. I have never claimed to the best fisherman in the world but I never look down my nose at anybody for not catching fish. Sorry for ranting but this guy just rubbed me the wrong way.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.