BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great group of fishermen we have here this year fishing and reporting about this wonderful area of New Jersey that produces some quality fish year round.. Thanks Guys...

Photo's Couresty Of Scotts B&T Mystic Isl.

Please Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports And If You Have Any Questions About Fishing This Area - Please Ask... Thx....

[ 07-02-2006, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
When did all the Spike weakfish show up at Barnegat Bay last year? Wasnt it late July where we had that great stretch of weakfish invading the bay?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Hey why are you posting all my spots? ;) That place is my home away from home.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Yes there was a weakfish in Barnegat bay last year. Call out the national guard. I think i know which spot he was at. Did it have a WAWA in the background ? Looks familiar.

Let me rephrase the question. Lets hypothetically say that a weakfish no more than 10inches and not really worth the bother was caught in Barnegat Bay last year. Was it caught (just one mind you) in Late July or mid August hypothetically.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I was referring to the chart of Great Bay the Night Strikes posted. Why are you asking about weakfish in Barnegat Bay in the Great Bay Forum anyway? By the way there are weekies being caught in the lagoons in B.B. now.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Way To Go Johhny D,, Nice Pic On Scotts B&T

6.6lb/24"

[ 06-27-2006, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
Finally some fish in the box. Wed 6/28 outgoing tide. 5 caught 2 kept at 16.5 and 17" all caght on pink curlytail gulp. Short drifts over a drop from 3' to 10'. Probably could have put more in the box, had to leave them biting.
At first I did go out of the inlet to look for some bunker but didn't see anything interesting. It was pretty rough so I went back inside and worked on plan B.

[ 06-29-2006, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: Vitalsigns ]

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Viatlsigns have tried the Tsuname Squids. We have caught some nice fluke with them in the bay this spring. Including a nice 6.6lber. I can not wait to try them on the reef.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
I've fished Thurs/Friday out on the LE.Got 5 keepers yesterday and 5 today.Fish are hard to come by.Weather played some havoc on them I guess.Biggest one went about 4lbs.
Now if I can only catch the Minnie Snatcher red handed...................

·
Registered
124 Posts
I finally made it out and chose LE reef and turned out to have made the right choice.Two of us fished for 19 fluke, 16 throw backs and the other three were 3-4lb range and 3 nice sea bass.Glad I could finally contribute.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Fished the stakes today by the fish house in 3 -6 feet of water. Water was a little dirty and wind was blowing but two of us ended up with about 50 flatties 2 keepers, 17 blues, and a 21 inch weaky. I tried the gulp shimp today and they cuaght about half the fish shad darts and minnows the other half. I also had some gulp bloodworms from earlier in the year and fished them on a 3/8 jig head, the 2 that I had caught both keepers and the weaky.

·
Registered
365 Posts
FINALLY splashed the boat and ended up fishing the LE inlet during incoming tide for 2 hours. 2 throwback fluke, 1 skate and a huge (blue?) fish that just about spooled my mothers spinning reel before cutting the leader. All fish were on squid + killies.

Lots of little snapper blues ate our bait.

[ 07-02-2006, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: czopper ]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Fished in Tuckerton Bay, 10 flatties, 3 keepers.
Gulp shrimp on a bucktail caught most of the fish.

Does anyone know if any of our local marinas is carrying E-Zorb yet? It's made by MDR, the same company that makes water zorb additive, but this stuff is supposed to emulsify the ethanol and water allowing it combine with the gas rather seperate. 1 oz treats 20 gallons.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts