BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to start a Great Bay thread for us Great Bay fisherman.... will post on tomorrows catch!

[ 06-03-2006, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
2 shorts, 1 keepter, caught 4 skates. fished the outgoing and 2 hours of incoming. cold and windy, water dirty, water temp 64 by the fish factory. bucktails w/ mackeral, killies. gulp shrimp on a rig. I am surprised no fish yet on bobbers.

[ 05-14-2006, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: johnny d ]

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey John whats up with you turning down my services the other day? Rick called to see if i would hook you up and go down, i agreed and said yes...... then i find out you said no.....thats bad stuff. never turn down someone who is willing to help!

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Sorry bro, I normally wouldn't turn down for somebody helping out. I diffently can use your services to fix my lights, this saturday was a bad day. I had scheduled a trip that morning with a buddy from work. It was a hectic morning, I had to pick up my boat at the marina that didn't open up until 8:00 am and still wax it before putting her in. Then trying to get this all done before high tide to fish the outgoing. I actually was going to see if you wanted go fishing because rick wussed out, but I didn't have your number. :D

[ 05-14-2006, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: johnny d ]

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
NJ angler tournment is next saturday. If you are fishing with us you have to sign up by calling NJ angler magazine.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I fished from 2 till about 7pm yesterday with my daughter and wife. We caught 3 shorts 2 skates 12 searobins 1 blue and 2 keeper fluke. Missed a couple at the boat but we had a great time. The last fluke was caught by my 7 year old that beamed after catching her first fish of the year. Overall fluking has been a little slow so far this spring.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by johnny d:
I actually was going to see if you wanted go fishing because rick wussed out, but I didn't have your number. :D [/QB]
I would not call family obligations wussing out. Anyway the girls on my boat outfished the both of you on the Shady Grady.
:D

[ 05-15-2006, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: A Frayed Knot ]

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Originally posted by A Frayed Knot:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by johnny d:
I actually was going to see if you wanted go fishing because rick wussed out, but I didn't have your number. :D
I would not call family obligations wussing out. Anyway the girls on my boat outfished the both of you on the Shady Grady.
:D
[/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]They sure did, last 2 weeks have been tough fishing. Caught nothing but shorts and skates.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Went out today ,tried grav. pt, stink house and inlet,now I know how sailors feel when sails are up and wind is movin' along.Only one sm. blue to show but was great to just be out!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Winker, Did you see all that bird play on the bar near the north cut? I was passing through trying to go wreck fishing and there were thousands of birds working.I didnt stop but Id imagine the blues were thick right there from maybe 10 to 12 today.I still think they are fun even though most try to stay away from them. Bob

·
Registered
362 Posts
I was casting just about everything through those birds working from the north cut back to the ICW. Not a single hit nor fish on top to identify. I think it might have been a herring or shad run.

Another half-dozen skates for me Wednesday. Not having a great start this year :(

[ 05-19-2006, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Sea-monkey ]

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Probably going clamming tomorrow morning and will give it a try later in the day and again on sunday.

DM2

1 - 20 of 91 Posts